• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Closed on Turkey Day

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Costco, Sam's Club, Nordstrom, Home Depot, BJ's, and Hobby Lobby are just a few of the businesses that will be closed on Thanksgiving so all their employees can take the day off to be with family. Good on em!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Yes indeed....good for them!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Only businesses open here are some restaurants. No retail stores!

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Costco, Sam's Club, Nordstrom, Home Depot, BJ's, and Hobby Lobby are just a few of the businesses that will be closed on Thanksgiving so all their employees can take the day off to be with family. Good on em!

I was thinking they'd close so they could open at midnight. Most of this list surprised me because they are also opening at a sane hour on Friday, like 9AM. Target, from what I can figure, opens at 6PM Thanksgiving and stays open for 30 hours straight.

Country flag
While my company is closed, I have a system data move to do over the 4 days thanks to a senior VP who decided it was the perfect time. Should be mostly watching for issues. While I like what I do, there are days sometimes when I wonder to myself why I decided on this line of work....

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Most stores are closed around here on T-day. The Marion Center, Home & Southern Railroad will be shut down. I think local bars may be open later on to "assist" with in-law issues:glee:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
blackfriday.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
The open on Thanksgiving thing is fairly recent, and I for one wish it would go away, it should be a day for family. I and most of you probably remember when most stores, gas stations, most everything was closed on Sundays, that was not such a bad thing either.

Gotta go, time to start making pie.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
While my company is closed, I have a system data move to do over the 4 days thanks to a senior VP who decided it was the perfect time. Should be mostly watching for issues. While I like what I do, there are days sometimes when I wonder to myself why I decided on this line of work....

I know how that feels! The number of times I've done system updates late at night after getting home from a gig... ah well, pays the mortgage.

I am glad that at least some stores are staying closed for Thanksgiving.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Mike said:
While I like what I do, there are days sometimes when I wonder to myself why I decided on this line of work....

I'm an independent sysadmin/consultant, several local businesses as clients. All mine were closed, two will be open today. A low stress holiday for me. :thumbsup:

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag

Required by state law here if you're running a large store. Apparently any tender feelings towards their employees ended at midnight, since most or all opened then for black Friday (although one waited until 5 am).

Country flag
While I did have to work the 4 days of the holiday weekend I did have time to watch one of my favorite Thanksgiving themed TV show episodes. With WKRP, with most of the original music, just released "Turkey's away" is a classic to see again.

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"....

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
I'm with Rick - love smashing those lights - drives the felines nuts.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Oh man that WKRP episode is a classic.