• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member, Triumph Italia, Tacoma, WA

Italia 227

Freshman Member
Country flag
Just a quick note to introduce myself:

Scott Marquis
Tacoma, WA
1961 Triumph Italia 2000 GT, Vignale #227

Attachments

• dsc_3941-small.jpg
    dsc_3941-small.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 24
  • smallGriots IMG_2360.jpg
    smallGriots IMG_2360.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_3950 (Large).jpg
    DSC_3950 (Large).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 21
OP
Italia 227

Italia 227

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks very much Rick. Amazing what 12 years and an open checkbook can accomplish.

I assume Marshgrass is a known Italia luster ?

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There Rick,

"How sweet it is"!!

"Welcome" and Introduce Yourself & Your "New/Old" toy to the "Triumph Forum". There are alot of folks there that would love to see & chat about your car.

Regards, Russ

OP
Italia 227

Italia 227

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks Steve. Based on suggestion from toysruss above, posted a few additional pics and background in the Triumph Forum.

Country flag
Welcome to the BCF!

MarshgrassA

Jedi Trainee
Stunning car and unfortunately I am sure my pocketbook is not deep enough to make an offer!
The "back" story to the above post referencing me is I CHOKED last year when there was one for sale in Florida that I could have managed with selling my TR4A and MGA. It truly is the only car I regret not pursuing.

Glad to see you here and please continue to post adventures with your Italia.MGATR4A.jpg

OP
Italia 227

Italia 227

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks for your comments, and I assume you must be the same Irene who haunts each Italia posted on BAT. Don't panic, I suspect there are a few more cars yet to be discovered. A high quality restored Italia just sold at auction in Switzerland for somewhat less than expected (equivalent of $89k US).

FYI, I did also post some additional background and pics in the Triumph Forum.

Scott

SD1030

Freshman Member
Country flag
Well, this is probably as good a place as any to throw my hat in the ring. I am the new owner (as of October) of Italia #312, the yellow car that was offered on Ebay and featured on BaT. It's a bit rough around the edges, but otherwise straight and complete except for a couple small (thankfully available!) parts. The engine is original and I suspect the rest of the major components are as well. The BMIHT build sheet only listed the engine number.

We feel in love with Italias ever since we saw our first one in person in the mid-80s. It has always been on my short list of cars I would jump on without question. It was only this year that the stars aligned and I could make it happen.

What's the old saying, be careful what you wish for?

OP
Italia 227

Italia 227

Freshman Member
Country flag
SD1030 -

Congratulations on joining the Italia club.

I think you're probably already in contact with several of the other Italia owners. If not, PM me through this board, and I can provide contact information. I can only say I'd never have gotten my car complete without the incredible knowledge and assistance of fellow owners around the world.

Scott