• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

No, I'm not trapped under something heavy....

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
Hey Folks,

A forum member gave me a call the other day because I hadn't posted in a good long while. Wanted to drop in and tell everyone that everything's good, and extremely busy. We moved from Phoenix to just outside of Seattle this summer to start our farm. I spent most of the summer farting around with cows, goats and chickens, but am getting back into the garage now that the days are much shorter. We've got the wife's 69 Sprite project and my mum's '79 Spitfire is visiting to get some maintenance work done.

Also, can anyone in the Seattle-ish area recommend somewhere to get a gas tank boiled out? I'm feeling particularly lazy and would love to find someone else to do the work for me. ;)

Jody

G

It's a misnomer, it's not boiled out, it's etched out with acid. You can do it yourself but it's time consuming and messy.

D

Deleted member 8987

AAA radiator on Willows Road in Redmond if you have no success locally. I would imagine with the farms out there, even Monroe should have a spot to do it.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Actually they all send them to Tacoma.
I brought mine to Performance Rad. They do all the work in Tacoma.
In fact I was unhappy about something and they fixed it for free.
https://www.performanceradiator.com/
How's the rain Jody?
You were lucky this summer having one of the best on record.
Get ready for dark and dreary! :excitement:

OP
JodyFKerr

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
It's a misnomer, it's not boiled out, it's etched out with acid. You can do it yourself but it's time consuming and messy.

Yeah, I know exactly what it is, which is why I'm willing to pay someone else. :smile:

OP
JodyFKerr

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
Thanks Don, I'll give them a try.

The summer was beautiful. We got a good batch of rain up until this arctic blast came through and dried everything out. I'm actually looking forward to rain again as that means it'll be above freezing.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's about the only thing you can say.
But after a while the 35 degree rain starts to wear on you
You'll be Jonesing for some sun

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Jody,

If you really want to be depressed,then you could move to South Carolina!

- Doug

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:lol: We're all takin' a weather hit today, Don! COLD makes me depressed...