• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
That is *excellent*. Thanks for posting.

And thank you to *all* our veterans.

veterans_day_poster_1987.jpeg

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
That was super! Thank you for sharing. PJ :patriot:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Interesting photos. HM Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip at the Tower of London. A massive poppy display - one for each of the over 800,000 Britons killed in WW1.

poppies-1.jpg

The moat:

poppies-3.jpg

Each ceramic poppy a life lost.

Country flag
And the Tower of London display is only for the Commonwealth dead, think how much larger it would be if it marked all who perished during the Great War.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I visited the American Cemetery near Ypres, Belgium in late August (this year) and, although there aren't that many graves there because we entered the war late, it was shocking how many were killed between October 30th and November 10th of 1918!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Two minutes left -

promoted-media-optimized_545ceee6be5c6.jpg

Soldiers of the 353rd Infantry near a church at Stenay, Meuse in France, wait for the end of hostilities. This photo was taken at 10:58 a.m., on November 11, 1918, two minutes before the armistice ending World War I went into effect.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That gets me teary-eyed every time. I wear a black "jelly" wrist band with the "ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL." in white letters perpetually, too.

Yesterday was the first Vets' Day that I've missed the local ceremonies in over a decade. Had to stay at the hovel to wait for a fiber cable tech appointment. We were shut down Monday by a low-wage ditch digger wielding a pickaxe. Chopped my fiber cable in two rendering us deaf, dumb and blind for 24 hours. Business effectively shut down. Had little choice.