• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Fuel prices: Mine vs. other parts of the world

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Here in New Jersey, my local gas station is charging $2.59 USD per gallon ("regular", unleaded gasoline).

Thanks to Google, I've converted this cost (approximately) to what it would be in other places:

That's $0.78 CDN per liter

Or, 0.55 Euro per liter

Or, 0.43 GBP per liter

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Canada today I filled up at $1.14 per litre - +/- $4.60 CDN per Gallon (4.02 USD)

was over $1.39 this summer, BTW heard recently that part of the reason for gas prices dropping is that the USA next year will produce more oil than Saudi Arabia + demand is dropping + (frustratingly) there are now at least 3000 less brokers selling oil stick than there was a couple of years ago. (IE less salesmen, lower prices)

catfood

Jedi Knight
UK its GBP1.30 ish litre or about $2.05 litre or $7.76 US Gallon. I think I win :grumpy:

Last edited:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
On one hand low gas prices are good for drivers but the big picture is that demand is down which translates to slow economic markets. We are saving at the pumps but at the expense of our 401K's.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
$2.89 here for 87. PJ

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
luckily I am old enough to not have a 401K anymore. I do it the old fashioned way and take care of my investments on my own.

G

luckily I am old enough to not have a 401K anymore. I do it the old fashioned way and take care of my investments on my own.

Luckily I am young enough and don't have a401K anymore. I do it the old fashioned way and spend it as I get it. :highly_amused:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Luckily I do it the old fashioned way, I have my savings buried in coffee cans in the back yard.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Can you video yourself digging up Walters coffee cans with a mattress. That should be good sport.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Luckily I am young enough and don't have a401K anymore. I do it the old fashioned way and spend it as I get it. :highly_amused:

ME TOO,:
However, I am paying $2.91/Gal here in Phoenix AZ

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My great-grandmother actually did keep most of her wealth in silver dollars buried in coffee cans her her yard. After she died we had to go over the place with a metal detector, because while everyone knew about her proclivities, no one knew where she had buried them. She probably had ten cans full of silver dollars.