• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BN-2 Delivered to France

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Only if Brigitte Bardot was in the passenger seat:

ht7nt3.jpg

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
More rare? Well, yes. Few were delivered there.

More interesting? Slightly, in the momentary "Gee!" sense.

More valuable? Not really. Unless it has some unusual France-only features, such as a wine cup holder or a cheese compartment.

Last edited:

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Now wait a minute Reid, what if it has a modern version of BB that comes with it ? That would definitely make it more interesting !!!!

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Now wait a minute Reid, what if it has a modern version of BB that comes with it ? That would definitely make it more interesting !!!!

Well it might be more interesting but you gonna half to buy wine and cheese to go with it.
Them yeller head lights might make it interesting too I would think-?

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
A good friend owns an MGA his father purchased new in France. One of the cool things about it is the Parisian dealer badge mounted to the back of the car.
We drove it cross country in the late 70's and I seem to recall sipping wine and munching on cheese at some point during the journey. However we were unsuccessful in finding any BB lookalikes who were interested in accompanying us.

andrewss

Jedi Hopeful
More rare? Well, yes. Few were delivered there.

More interesting? Slightly, in the momentary "Gee!" sense.

More valuable? Not really. Unless it has some unusual France-only features, such as a wine cup holder or a cheese compartment.

Reid,

This must be a very rare BN2 !!!! A French person buying a British car (Oh mon dieu !!!)...

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Reid, This must be a very rare BN2 !!!! A French person buying a British car (Oh mon dieu !!!)...

Someone probably told him he'd get a girlfriend who looked like Brigitte Bardot if he bought a Healey. I mean, it worked at least once - we have the photograph to prove it!

But to be honest, the Healey 100 has held up rather better than Mme. Bardot:

RFDBardot-filmstrip.jpg

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The Healey and BB do suffer the same issues with age . Parts sag n droop , holes and cracks appear in strange places , leaks and drips from areas they shouldnt .

But with lots of money and lots of TLC most things can be returned to their former glory .

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The Healey and BB do suffer the same issues with age . Parts sag n droop , holes and cracks appear in strange places , leaks and drips from areas they shouldnt .

But with lots of money and lots of TLC most things can be returned to their former glory .

And that's the sad part. All the money and all the TLC in the world will never return BB to where she and we were when we were young. Maybe that's why we still love LBCs so much. They still look like that beautiful young woman that attracted our gaze so many years ago. With some love, TLC, new paint and bodywork, she'll look like that gal we fell in love with in our teens. Unfortunatley, BB, and all our loves of that time will never look that way again.

andrewss

Jedi Hopeful
Yes, but unlike Healeys, at least they're still making them!

And the two pieces of advice my grandfather gave to me at the tender age of 14...

"Healeys are like women and swimming pools .... very expensive upkeep for the little time you spend ** them"

and

"If you want a peaceful Healey life, spend time working on her and driving her then never marry the woman you love but the woman that loves you"

I should have listened !!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: