• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Because, you know, two Spifires aren't work enough.

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I have been working on sandblasting and painting parts on my buddy's car and plumbing the frame and prepping the drive train on my brother's car. Because that is apparently not enough cars to work on at once, I decided to go out and hit a deer with my Spitfire. Just about stopped the car dead and bounced my knees off the lower regions of the dash. I think I was saved by the deer, a large buck, slipping right before I got to it. Pushed the bonnet back a little. Bent the headlight cowl on the left side and firetrucked the headlight bucket. Front of the car is covered in blood from the metal tabs for headlight stone guards turning into pretty effective claws. All my lights still work but I'm pretty irritated. Anybody have a cowl?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Gah! I've seen cars totaled after a deer strike. glad you didn't experience that.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Summit Point , This summer
Between the deer and the ground hogs
LOOKOUT!

OP
sd80mac7204

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
This story get a few more fun twists.
Decided to not worry about the Spitfire since it needs to come apart next year for a rebuild any way and rely solely on the Impala. About that time my father replaced his car with a new Terrain and offered me his old car for free. Not one to refuse things for free, I took delivery of "my" new Pontiac G6: half the miles of the Impala and working heat. I parked the Impala and changed its insurance status to "withdrawn from road use". No sooner do I do that then the "new" car begins to alternate between stalling issues and non-start issues. Used a floor jack, hammer, and pliers to fix the Spitfire enough to return it to service while I wait for a call back from the insurance granting me permission to wake up the parked Chevy. Had three recalls on the G6 performed yesterday and one on the Chevy. Pontiac is still in the shop as the shop "has no idea" what is wrong with it.
This is a picture of the Spit while I was starting to straighten her out.
deer strike.jpg

OP
sd80mac7204

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Impala did. No modifications needed on the car. They modified the key: inserted a plug in the wide key slot to make it a little hole.
1029141011.jpg