• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The kitchen is done

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Well, except for a little trimming out around the edges.

This is what the crapola kitchen looked like before! Mineral stained stainless steel sink. White formica countertops, and el-cheapo fake whitewashed oak cabinets, linoleum flooring.

Before

Now, I'm sure there are lots a much nicer kitchens in the world, and this isn't going to make into Better Homes and Gardens, but compared to the low-rent crapola we've had for the past 15 years, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

kitchen-2 copy 2.jpg

kitchen-4 copy 2.jpg

kitchen-4-2 small.jpg
I love this sink! It's a Kohler Langlade "Smart Divide" undermount cast iron sink. This is probably my favorite part of the new kitchen. (I did the install and plumbing myself).

kitchen-4.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Looks great boss! And, it really is the details (like the sink) that make it pop! Enjoy.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
That looks *great*! Congratulations - what an improvement over the 1970s K-Mart Flashing Blue Light Special you had before. Who did the design and color choice, etc.?

PS - you're missing two cats ...

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Who did the design and color choice, etc.?

PS - you're missing two cats ...

That would be me. My wife let me design it as a 39th anniversary gift! She did help pick out the door handles though! At first, when I showed her the color of the cabinets, she wasn't sure she would like it, but once she saw it all installed with the countertops, she's very happy (which for my sake is a very good thing).

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Worth the wait!!!

catfood

Jedi Knight
Got a dishwasher? Very handy for cleaning those grubby carbs!

And I see you have a well lit table for the engine rebuilds.

Enjoy!

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Got a dishwasher? Very handy for cleaning those grubby carbs!

And I see you have a well lit table for the engine rebuilds.

Enjoy!

Once upon a time, in a different house, I actually did rebuild an engine in the kitchen! Wife wasn't happy. It won't happen again.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Woo hoo, looking good. Are the counter tops granite or quartz?

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Your color combinations inspire me. We had a new countertop installed a couple months ago, huge improvement from the one I made. Haven't decided on a backsplash and paint, maybe I'll go for something other than basic safe off white.
I'm sure it's nice to be moved back in.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Looks great, Basil. Nice fit to the sink.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Love the cabinet color boss

Thanks. We were a little unsure about that color at first. It's hard to tell from looking at samples in the showroom what it's going to look like as a completed kitchen. Now that it's all done, I'm glad we stuck with that color (called "Marine" - it's sort of a Teal color)

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
My compliments to a true craftsman! You did a wonderful job refurbishing you kitchen. The teal color is one of my favorites, My 93 Chevy customized truck is Teal. Nice that the Mrs. gave you a free hand and nicer yet is she likes the outcome. Enjoy! PJ

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My Formica counter tops are getting old and I think we will go for quartz this time. I like the idea of not having to mess with sealer like granite.