• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A funny thing happened on the way to the job

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
This morning I was driving behind a Jeep that was jacked-up about twelve inches higher than stock, had a heavy duty front bumper with a winch, a full roll cage, nerf bars, little plastic fender extenders, large knobby tires with wheels that have the beadlocks, and no doors or top. I mean this thing looked like the real deal rock climber. I'm following this guy along and he gets into the turn lane I'm getting into, at the end of this turn lane there is a man hole with the cover recessed about an inch and a half below the street level. I watch this guy, in his manly Jeep, swing all the way into the right hand lane to avoid driving over this manhole cover. I promptly drove my wife's Toyota Rav-4 over the cover with no ill effects. Toyota must build a really tough little wagon if it can go places that rock crawling Jeep can't manage.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Walt: I think it's spelled P-O-S-E-R (or maybe "Poseur") :friendly_wink:

Country flag
Lots of people with vehicles like that who if you asked them where they went off road or mud running or such would look at you like you must be nuts.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Remember the Dark Ages? when pickup trucks had a single bench seat, 3 speed manual transmissions, standard brakes and steering, and were *dirty* all the time?

Seems that today they're huge, polished, air conditioned, mega watt audio, with automatic trans and all sorts of power assists - and often double rear wheels. And never dirty.

sic transit gloria mundi

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Tom, I still live in those dark ages; my 52 is a clean driver, on the other hand, my 61 is easily recognizable as a 'work truck.' I personally don't understand people who buy work vehicles then don't use them for work. I'm not saying they all have to be dirty and beat up, but come on, you don't need a pick-up to get groceries in.

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
When you two have a conversation, a quick glance at your avatars makes me think one of you is talking to himself.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
On several occasions I have followed a luxury SUV being driven very gingerly on a road that was in the process of being resurfaced, while I in my small, RWD car drive normally.