• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Jowett Jupiter

Lukens

Jedi Warrior
I'm trying to find out all I can about the Jowett Jupiter. I've got a very slim chance of obtaining one. It appears that most of them are in Europe. Anyone have any experiences/connections with one?
Russ

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I've seen one in a book, does that count?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
There is at least one around here - we see it at our annual Show - very cool cars, well constructed but, the engine is curiously forward. very sporting in their day.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag

Not sure if this link will work, but worth a try. I would love to have one and would persue the idea if I wasn't wrapped up in this mony pit TF I'm building. Really nice cars. PJ

https://www.jowettjupiter.com/2.html

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I saw one next to a cabin by a river. It was in bad shape. This was in the late 70's and I looked up what I could, but never found the owner. Then one day it was gone. Amazing aluminum car back then. Lots of corrosion between the aluminum and the steel bulkhead. Parts were rare then, can image now. Would have to manufacture lots of parts to keep going. Actually amazed to see it brought to the forum. Another is the Dorietta.

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Parked next to one on the track show field at Watkins Glen last year.
DSC08617.JPG

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Country flag
Russ,
i know of a Jowett Jupiter as well, the one I know of does not have an engine. Body is pretty good but I was afraid to buy it since there was no engine.
Marv

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Were they 4 or 6 cylinder engines in them? PJ

Country flag
The Jowett Jupiter has surfaced again. No motor or trans but body is nice. Should I go for it? It will be impossible to find a motor or trans.

Marv

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
How much? If not too expensive the body could be restored and a sub engine and tranny installed for mobility and to show off the body. Then keep alert for an engine and tranny, if one would show up, then install. Sell price then would make all things even, or make a museum piece for eternity. Otherwise drive it as a replica with original body.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I'm passing by next month or so. Seems a good buy just to store until someone needs something ( hurricane, tornado, crash, fire ), then sell for a little profit. Or someone has an engine then install and sell or restore. So few left, bound to make something of it in a few years.