• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BEST Place to Live - Within a Day's Drive,From Richmond,Virginia?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Our Daughter got engaged to a great guy while we were in North Carolina.They'll be living in Richmond,& as I'm semi-retired,we may be moving within a day's drive of Richmond. Any suggestions/actual experiances of the best place(s) to consider?As we've both lived here all of our lives,this would be a huge step (forward?). .... And it might just force me to purge a lot of "cool stuff",that I can'tseem to part with right now. - Doug

G

Our Daughter got engaged to a great guy while we were in North Carolina. They'll be living in Richmond,& as I'm semi-retired,we may be moving within a day's drive of Richmond. - Doug

Stay put and fly.

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
The Virginia Beach/Norfolk area is heavily military but also has lots of car nuts.
Really nice area, not too much snow and not too hot in the summer
BillM

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Hampton, specifically the Buckroe Beach area.

EricG

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I like South Carolina. I got stationed here a long time ago after being raised in the cold and snow of Ohio and never left! It is British car friendly with many car clubs, shows, and events to attend and top down weather is wonderful during our winters. No annual state vehicle inspections or emissions testing, housing costs and taxes are low, and a wide choice of areas to live-the beach, the mountains, or the midlands. Come on down! Eric

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Charlottesville, VA is beautiful, with easy access to lots of twisty back roads that our LBCs seem to like, and only about an hour or so northwest of Richmond on I-64.

If you're looking for something a bit more remote, Pendleton County, WV is fairly inexpensive and still within an easy drive of Richmond.

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
+2 for SC. We bought a house in Myrtle Beach almost two years ago and moving there permanently in the next few months. Like you, trying too lighten the ship requires some big decisions and as soon as I can make and execute them, we are outa here.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
SC is too crowded

Was in Charlotte all day Sat. It's nice!

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Don,

Our Son lived in Lason,SC,& we visited there a few years back.
After that,I have NO desire to Ever live in Eastern SC!
The Wife expressed a desire to relocate to Nashville,& our Son
lived just East of Chattanooga,which I would consider.
Anyone in Tennessee care to comment? - Mickey?

- Doug

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hey, Doug-

Nashville's a great city, as is Chattanooga. Each has its own flavor. Aside from cars, what are your interests? Your wife's? There are some really great places in the Sequatchie Valley north of Chattanooga, as well as the Cumberland plateau. Murfreesboro is another good choice; right between Nashville and Chattanooga. Cost of living is low in all areas, especially outside the cities, and it's hard to beat the scenery.

Let me know if you want more specific info. I love spending other people's money!

Mickey