• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

E-bay!!!

nomad

Yoda
I've just had a very bad E-bay experience and was wondering if this forum has a place to list suppliers to avoid. Anyone ever would look it over if there is? E-bay isn't what it used to be and their buyer protection program is a joke!! Avoid doing business with " forcarent " out of Kansas City. He knows how to work E-bay and is unscrupulous.

Kurt.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
At one point there was a space to review "vendors" but I don't see it right now.

smaceng

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Was it a car? Last year a bought a TR6 sight unseen. Car was a project and I knew it. Seller, in my view, misrepresented the car, and it was the wrong year. Long story short, with eBay's help, I got about 1/3 of the money back. Buyer Protection Plan did not help, but their personnel helped broker the refund. It was fair.
Scott in CA

G

Wait a minute, last I checked ebay was all about siding with the buyer. What happened, did you use paypal?

OP
N

nomad

Yoda
To be specific, I bought a "rust free" fender [very first thing said in sellers ad]. When it was recieved and I could look at it up close it was obvious that someone had skinned over the rusty parts with filler. I popped the worst and loose filler out. Seller argued that it was fine and action was started. Since I couldn't return the fender exactly as it was sent to me, with rust covered by bondo, E-bay found in favor of the seller. I appealed but E-bay has even blocked me from giving him feedback! Hopefully the appeal will amount to something.

I've had 2 major problems in the past with E-bay on vehicles and the person that ended up helping me did a fine job but getting good live help is getting difficult.

Kurt.

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Foreign Car Enterprises 2343 Holly St. Kansas City. Old small shotgun house with small detached garage across the street. I bought from him a time or two over the years. Don't recall anything good or bad.

OP
N

nomad

Yoda
I know of one other fellow that thought he got a raw deal from this guy and it was a car.

E-bay has become very cumbersome to use and I find myself looking for things on E-bay less and less. I really have no need for that thousand listing's for skull valve stem cap's!!

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
"E-bay has become very cumbersome to use and I find myself looking for things on E-bay less and less."

Amen to that! I apply about a dozen filters to my search......the most recent to get rid of the hundreds of car covers and LED bulbs. A shame for such a good resource to become almost useless.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
"A shame for such a good resource to become almost useless."

That could also be a description of today's telephone/cell service. Unlimited robo-calls and telemarketing calls, "unknown name - unknown number" calls, "credit card services" calls, etc. You can't really block the numbers, as the caller ID numbers are fake also.

There's no limit to the number of items a seller can post on ebay. And with third party "ebay sales automation and enhancement" services, we see gazillions of similar items when we do a search.

:wall:

David_Doan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
"E-bay has become very cumbersome to use and I find myself looking for things on E-bay less and less."

Amen to that! I apply about a dozen filters to my search......the most recent to get rid of the hundreds of car covers and LED bulbs. A shame for such a good resource to become almost useless.

Here's the search string I use on ebay for general spridget stuff. I add to it when i'm looking for a specific item:

(sprite, frogeye, bugeye, "MG Midget", "Frog eye") -MB -haynes -levin -pokemon -elf -fairy -yugioh -soda -coke -cola -sea -shower -furby -Roshe -Nike

The list in parentheses is a logical OR. If you leave the parentheses out, ebay treats everything as a logical AND. All the words preceded with minus will omit any postings with those words from the results. I think I originally got this from someone here and it evolved from there. Maybe we can refine it further with input from others.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Ok so Sprite but not a Sea Sprite. Don't understand Pokemon reference but ...

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Ok so Sprite but not a Sea Sprite. Don't understand Pokemon reference but ...

If you just search "Sprite" you'll get a lot of Pokemon cards in your results. Here's my search and filter list.

(sprite, frogeye, "MG Midget", "Frog eye", bugeye, "bug eye") -led -layer -haynes -levin -pokemon -elf -fairy -yugioh -soda -coke -cola -sea -shower

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Why no "Haynes"? but I will have to start searching that way, as mentioned, used to be most of what was one there was guys like us selling the stuff we didn't need to guys like us that did need it, now it is mostly people trying to sell in bulk the as mentioned steering wheel covers and underbody light kits and what not, then you get the guys that list that there part fits everything, like your oxygen sensor that fits a 65 Midget (!?!).

I have bought from the Forcarrent guy two or three times and it turned out OK, but he deals in this stuff enough to know if it is mis-described, so no excuse for selling the rusty fender.

Last edited: