• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Fiber Fab

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Beautiful car, weren't they! What a pity a perfectly good Healey had to be the donor.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Beautiful car, weren't they! What a pity a perfectly good Healey had to be the donor.

Usually it wasn't a perfectly good Healey that was the donor. It was a rusty used one that some starry-eyed enthusiast wanted to turn into a high-end sports car on the cheap. I suppose by today's standards, some of the cars that were used as donors would be considered an "easy-restoration" but in the '70s they were just another used car.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Now this comment makes sense since they did not have anything else to rave about. A real Plasticy piece of art.--Keoke

OP
L

Legal Bill

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hi Rick. I hope you are doing well. Yeah, back in the day they were just another car and a Fiber Fab body was a cheap way to take care of rust and accident damage.

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Cheap maybe, but a lot better looking than most other such cars, like the Bricklin for example.
I remember seeing ads in Road & Track for the Fiberfab Jamaican and being impressed. Never seen one in the flesh, though.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
.I remember seeing ads in Road & Track for the Fiberfab Jamaican and being impressed. Never seen one in the flesh, though.

Are we still talking about the cars? :angel:

5.Fiberfab-Ad-CD.10.68.jpg

stuntflyr

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Europe seems to have a thing for Fiberfab cars. Dan's Jamaican from Washington is in France and a couple of Banshees reside over there too that I can remember offhand.
I just received my wire wheel rear end (I'll send it out for overhaul with the installation of 3:54's) and front disc brake stuff for my Jamaican so I should be getting it swapped over to be safe and sane. Kinda...
Chris...

Attachments

• Green Jam in drive w Chris.jpg
    Green Jam in drive w Chris.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 61

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
WOT !! I didn't know they had Bikini Bridges back then they pose to be new.:highly_amused:

healeyneil

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Sold to Scotland indeed - to me ! I havent decided how to do it yet, but unfortunately its in a queue behind a Sunbeam and a BMW