• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Something Different

vivdownunder

Jedi Warrior
For those interested, TR Register Oz is providing TR2-3B sidescreen cars for the Formula 1 driver's parade prior to the Australian Grand Prix. This event takes place at 3.30pm Australian Eastern Daylight Saving time on Sunday 16 March. The procession of F1 drivers each on board a sidescreen TR, then follows a pace car around the track with headlights ablaze.

While the parade will only show on Pay TV, with an audience of many millions it's still valuable publicity for the marque.

Last time we did this I took F1 Jordan driver Heinz-Harald Frentzen around and it's somewhat of a nerve wracking experience hitting the starter button slap in front of the main grandstand.

Viv.

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
How cool is that, will you be driving this year? I'm sure once the car starts you don't worry about getting any fluids on the track. Do you have any pictures from the last time?

toysrrus

Yoda
What a sight that will be. If a youtube of the lap ever appears, definitely post it here.

Ditto here on a You Tube Lap!!

Thanx in Advance,

Russ

mgedit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Very cool. Would love to see that, or better yet participate in an event like that! Cheers, Mike

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Found this photo (don't know the year but Hamilton no longer drives for McLaren) of the Australian Grand Prix driver's parade.
I go to Montreal each June for the Canadian Grand Prix. There the drivers are paraded in big Healey's. It's great to see and the crowd loves it.

bf4b03be4a0a9bdcbc9dd76c42177dd4.jpg

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Great photo.

One thing about sitting on the rear deck of a TR -- you gotta be either over to the left or the right. Smack in the middle would be uncomfortable.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Excellent! Can you be seen in that lineup Viv?

TRWisco

Did the black small mouth tr3 with the tan interior have a wide body kit? looked like the fenders were wider from the chrome trim to outside than the others. Really like the look of that one.

OP
V

vivdownunder

Jedi Warrior
Well last Sunday was a huge buzz. I was hand picked by the Ferrari team to cart Alonso around - red cars only of course. Due to a mix up with the windscreen banners I ended up being tha Ferrari driver's back up car, so took position to the rear of the conga line, much to my good fortune. After the F1 drivers hopped out, all the photographers crowded around and boxed me in. When they were cleared I had the track ahead to myself. So with orders to "keep up" I decided to boot it. Howled down the main straight at a fair clip, around turn one and on through turn two before reaching the exit point. All just a short time before before the GP started. Here are a few pics - I'm #959

Viv

https://www.narraphotography.com.au/p707859269/h6F492EE#h6f492ee

PS TRWisco, the black small mouth has fender widening inserts to accommodate 8" mag wheels.

tdskip, we are on a rotating classic car roster with the GP Corporation. It could be Healey's doing the parade lap, TR4's or early Mustang ragtops any given year.

OP
V

vivdownunder

Jedi Warrior
Oh yes, some F1 drivers elected to sit down in the car rather than on the back. Wise move I thought lest someone dropped the clutch and man overboard.

Viv