• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New old guy from NE Pennsylvania

SteveGoldfarb

Freshman Member
I'm the proud owner of a '61 Bugeye Sprite. Purchased in 2009, it's a little car I've wanted since my teenage years. I am a compulsive tinkerer and improver(?)....and my Bugeye has been my current laboratory.
It now has a '69 Sprite 1275cc engine .30 over, fast road cam, LCB header, 45mm Weber DCOE, Pertronics distributor, Titan 1.5 roller rockers, Rivergate 5 speed conversion with a Datsun clutch, 9" front disc brakes w/ upgraded rear drums, Frontline front and rear suspension w/ tube shock conversion w/ 3/4" sway bar, 3.90 rear and RC 40 single box exhaust.
Cosmetically, car was stripped to bare metal painted black with minilite replica wheels and Dunlop 175/13 radials. I was fortunate to find an original Ashley Mk1 hardtop which I restored...it looks awesome on the car.
This car provides the most driving fun and exhilaration that I've ever experienced in a sports car.

TimK

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Welcome to the forum. I'm an old, old guy from SE Pennsylvania transplanted to SE Michigan. Posting photos of your Sprite would be help us more fully appreciate your work. If you need help doing so, just ask

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There Steve,

"Welcome" to "THEE" best LBC (Little British Car) site anywhere.

I moved down into SC from "Effort, PA" (Stroudsburg Area) about 4yrs ago & don`t miss a thing from Up-North. Where is Lakeville? I just can`t place where the city is located?

Introduce Yourself & Your Bugeye, (I like Frogeye better & had a `59 stock one), to the "Spridget" forum with pics, of course. They`re Lots of fun but mine could`nt get out of its own way (Stock 948). I`m sure yours will get up & go.

Enjoy the Ride.

Russ

Country flag
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

OP
S

SteveGoldfarb

Freshman Member
Russ...Lakeville is located on the west bank of Lake Wallenpaupack about 5 miles sw of Hawley,PA and 26 miles east of Scranton, PA.

OP
S

SteveGoldfarb

Freshman Member
I don't know if I did this right...but here goes.

Attachments

• bugeye 8613 16.jpg
    bugeye 8613 16.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 40
  • bugeye 8613 13.jpg
    bugeye 8613 13.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 37
  • bugeye 8613 10.jpg
    bugeye 8613 10.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 35

toysrrus

Yoda
Hey Steve,

We were darn near neighbors. I was about 30-45min. drive S. of you. Just about 4mi. directly South of "Pocono Raceway".

Anyways; Awesome looking "Frogeye"!! That hardtop looks and must be "Priceless"!! I`ve never seen one!!

Enjoy Your Ride; After the Snow melts off up there one of these months!!

Regards, Russ