• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Superstol

G

Wow, if he hadn't landed there for years, why is there tracks still all over?

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Very cool.

The stop & go with the tail off the ground is very trick.

I've flown a Super Cub, a Husky and a 180 HP Citabria: all what could be called STOL planes but not quite as quick to hop off as that thing.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Ever seen an autogiro do that? Very cool! Here's a Hawk 4 - STOL demo. Autogiros don't use powered rotors to fly; once in the air, the rotors just turn freely It's the rear facing prop that pushes the aircraft through the air; the resulting movement through the air turns the big overhead rotors.

Another one of my "if I'd won Powerball" dreams.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Takes a good 'stick' to play that off.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The flying is E-Z. The hard part comes when it doesn't fly then you have to work!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Good point Elliot. Most GA aircraft fly themselves. It's little things like takeoff, navigating, aviating, communicating, and landing that takes the skill. Otherwise you risk unexpected consequences.

fear_of_flying.jpg

Darn kids ...

Last edited:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
A good stick... until the one time he doesn't quite get it right. Yikes!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Some of us get our wings before getting the license :wink:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag