• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Forgive me!

64Elan

I'm a lost soul who has floundered in other forums, and now I have found my way back to the fold. I have been working on my Elan to make it as reliable as I can for long road trips this Summer. But forgive me as my British car obsessions have wondered to other countries cars. Yes, I have lusted after Italians. Alfa, Fiat, Innocenti, to name a few. I hope you can forgive me, and put me back on the oily road I have so often traveled!

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's not penance
That's cruel punishment

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
....for your penance....find the nearest British pub and order up some Fish and Chips and some Old Speckled Hen.

Fish and Chips and Old Spec? That's not a penance, that's bliss!! Only needs Mushy Peas to turn into heaven.

OP
64Elan

64Elan

Okay, here I go again! Going to look at a '65 Innocenti S Spyder on Friday. All I can say is it's half British, so maybe I need to go to a half way house. Staying on the wagon is tuff! It's that A Series engine, ribcase trans, and Spridget brakes, that's making me do it. If I end up getting it (unlikely) I won't know if I should celebrate with Fish 'n Chips, Pizza, or both.

Lord have mercy on this lost soul!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A chip butty and those mushy peas... then wash it down with some Colline Pisane chianti.

OP
64Elan

64Elan

I think I maybe saved. Before seeing the Innocenti I will be seeing a '68 TR4A. Not sure if I can afford it, but it's a must see. My wife actually found it and that opens the door. Hopefully the owner will not think it's worth too much. There's room for negotiation since it needs attention in several areas, but you just never know how those things will go.