• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR Jay Leno

Crankshaft

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I saw on Moss' Facebook post that Jay Leno has a TR3. Since as of last night, he has a little more spare time, maybe he will join us here at BCF.

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Jay has his brother's TR3A, not sure of other Triumphs. He usually brings 2 British cars to the big British
SoCal car show, called the Queen's English show, held at Woodley Park in the San Fernando Valley.
I believe it's the last Sunday in April this year.

Jay is always a friendly guy, with great taste in cars.

justin_mercier

Jedi Warrior
Jay's brother used to be involved with the New England Triumphs club but passed away 12 years ago and left his TR3 to Jay. I believe as of the last time I saw a list of Leno's collection that it was the only triumph at the time.

Country flag
One of the magazines a couple of years ago had Jay sitting in a red TR3 on the front page. I think I have that copy somewhere but can't put my hands on it right now.

Marv

TR3TR6

Jedi Warrior
Jay established a restoration school in McPherson, KS where they have classes on doing total restorations on old cars. They also have a car show every year along with an open house so that you can look at their projects. Our car club went up there for the show one year and some of our members have taken classes there. The idea behind it is too keep the antique and old cars on the road.

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
Jay didn't establish the program at McPherson, but he did endow two scholarships there:

https://www.mcpherson.edu/autorestoration/about.php

And yes, Jay and the TR3 were on a cover of Classics Motorsports magazine for July 2003:

cms-cover-7-03.jpg

TR3TR6

Jedi Warrior
Andrew, I stand corrected. At any rate, if there is any phase of car restoration that you want to learn, that's the place to go.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yes I have had many conversations with Jay at the Woodley Park show here in southern Ca. He was always down to earth and liked talking cars.