• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

ATTN: LotusPosition!!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Has the Elan forum dissolved?!?

One of my pals here is a Weber rebuilder, primarily for Alfa and Ferrari and I told him of the Elan forum, suggested he start posting there to offer his services. Can't find the place now.

D

Deleted member 8987

Copied his query "LotusPosition" right off the top of the website. No idea. I use downdraught Solexes.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
MB said:
zzzzzzz huh? wawazat? zzzzzzz

lotuselancentral? Won't find any Weber engine cars there......​

Hybernatin'?!?

So how's things up there in Egypt lately? Snowed in?

I suspect you didn't know him, but Bob Nickel passed away early in January. He was the fellow who brought Porsche into Sewickley Sales and Service, back-when. Good guy.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Thanks, Dave. The first one you listed is what I was after (I think). It has been "trimmed down" apparently. Maybe newer version of the forum warez. Been a while since I'd looked for it.

LotusPosition

[/INDENT]Hybernatin'?!?

So how's things up there in Egypt lately? Snowed in?

I suspect you didn't know him, but Bob Nickel passed away early in January. He was the fellow who brought Porsche into Sewickley Sales and Service, back-when. Good guy.

It was minus 10F 3 or 4 times in the last 3 weeks here......

I didn't know Bob. You would not believe the size of the SPA operation these days. Incredible.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
So I've seen. Last visit was early last decade, it was expanding back then and seems they haven't stopped. I've had a look from teh Google thingie. Even had a look at the old "SPAA Kibbutz" on Broad Street. Apparently it has been renovated and looks great.

Met up with the "original" Bob a couple years ago down here. Along with a number of the Old Guard, we went down to The Collier Collection for a real tour. Their C.E.O. is the son of the old SPAA service manager, lived in the kibbutz on the top floor above Mitsy 'n me! Nice reunion.

LotusPosition

Ascot is history, Lotus is now sold at Lotus of Pittsburgh (Wright's) in Wexford - they move more cars in a year than Ascot did in a decade I'd bet.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That's a surprise. Wexford was "backwater" forty years ago! Glad to know the marque is being well represented.

Have they stocked relevant parts for the ~early~ cars?

LotusPosition

Have they stocked relevant parts for the ~early~ cars?

I think not, a few of us "vintage" owners went there for a meet and greet and test drives when they opened a couple years ago, the owner had obviously never seen any of the old cars. Frankly, I think the factory has handed all that stuff off, anyways.

Having said that, they do have a big display at the PVGP British Car Day every year, and do welcome and show interest in all of the cars.

JamesJ

Freshman Member
Positions

Attachments

• cars and coffee nov 2012.jpg
    cars and coffee nov 2012.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 48
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 49
OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nice lookin' S-4, James.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Second coupe in there?!? Been holdin' out on us?

LotusPosition

Not my garage, lol. There were 2 other Elans and a 7 present. The garage owner is a 5 time national SCCA champ, and a professional vintage racing mechanic. He had just finished up a build on a 26R replica the previous week.

He corner weighted, alined and checked bump steer on mine.

lisandrodarica

Freshman Member
Already last visit was early last decade, it was very expanding back then and seems they haven't stopped it.In this site you can find more information Cubancigarbest I've had a look from Google th too.

Last edited:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Dave Vegher (sp)?

- Doug

Not my garage, lol. There were 2 other Elans and a 7 present. The garage owner is a 5 time national SCCA champ, and a professional vintage racing mechanic. He had just finished up a build on a 26R replica the previous week.

He corner weighted, alined and checked bump steer on mine.