• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Understanding men

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Men, summed up:

The nice men are ugly.

The handsome men are not nice.

The handsome and nice men are gay.

The handsome, nice and heterosexual men are married.

The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men, have no money.

The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men with money think we are only after their money.

The handsome men without money are after our money.

The handsome men, who are not so nice and somewhat heterosexual, don't think we are beautiful enough.

The men who think we are beautiful, that are heterosexual, somewhat nice and have money, are cowards.

The men who are somewhat handsome, somewhat nice and have some money and thank God are heterosexual, are shy and NEVER MAKE THE FIRST MOVE!!!!

The men who never make the first move, automatically lose interest in us when we take the initiative.

NOW ... WHO IN THE HECK UNDERSTANDS MEN?

Hayfever

Jedi Trainee
[ QUOTE ]

The men who are somewhat handsome, somewhat nice and have some money and thank God are heterosexual, are shy and NEVER MAKE THE FIRST MOVE!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the part where these men, upon making the first move, are shot down "I don't want to ruin our friendship" or whatever, and then the women go after man number 2 in your list and wonder why the man isn't nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yup Hayfever is right.

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Wow...someone burnt your toast? Even in the humor section? The problem with generalities...are they are just that...generalities...and unfortunately...men...that is real men...are not generalities...

I think you missed one...

It takes a "good" women to make a "real" man... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

You'll have figure out for yourself what "good" and "real" are...they can be viewed from only your prospective...not mine...

racing girl

Jedi Knight
Jaybird, have you met Henri before? He missed his calling you know, should have been a professor of psychology! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pukeface.gif

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
should have been

[/ QUOTE ]

That's harsh...I suppose it's better to be noticed at all then not to be...even if I only "should have been"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/square.gif

By the way...Men are easy...

As Professor Higgins said..."why can't women be more like men"...

(not that I would prefer that...in the slightest...I perfer women to be women...to bad their are so few...just as I suppose their are too few men (from your point of view)...

Some day...we must define those terms..."men" and "women"...because just because your body is made up of male chromosomes does not make you a man...the same for women that are made of the female variety...

Therefore the diatribe... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MattP

Jedi Knight
Amen, Henri.

Actually, let me diatribe a bit:

If you spend too much time worrying about whether your are a "man", "woman", reses monkey, or trying to understand any of the above, you won't have enough time to consider being you. So just let the rest hang. Took a lot of knocks to get that one, but when I did, I found just the right person to understand me and for me to understand.

Be yourself, if they don't like you for that, then they don't like you anyway. They like whatever you had to act like to get them to like you. Like, you know?

Enough prattling from me.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
no burnt toast here Henri. I actually have a great gal, I just agree with Hayfever on the women thing, the majority of them will turn you down if you are nice guy for a rich jerk, and then wonder why they aren't happy.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Good grief. Was a joke. Don't get your boxers in a bunch.

Raspberry.gif

racing girl

Jedi Knight
Oh, too funny!! Quite like old times.... anyone know a good blonde joke?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, too funny!! Quite like old times.... anyone know a good blonde joke?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

RG...for some reason, I think you & I could stir really stir things up here, without even trying.

I don't need much encouragement! And I get the feeling you need even less.

highfive.gif

racing girl

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
....And I get the feeling you need even less.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should ask our dear friend Henris' opinion on that... I think he's better placed to judge!

R

Randi

well Ladies,as we navigate through life in our chosen professions,driving LBC's, and usually being spoken down to......"uh need help lady?" when your hood is up and your checking your vitals or "where's your husband?" when changing a tire.......nice if they are sincere but usually they are suggesting I have the mechanical IQ of a cantalope/ and as I work in and around a junkyard-turn my own wrenches & maintain any and all of our cars from the 30's to the 70's American & British it gives me great joy to know other members of our forum who are not accepting living "up" to their handicap----Go Girls!!!!!!Randi

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....And I get the feeling you need even less.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should ask our dear friend Henris' opinion on that... I think he's better placed to judge!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm afraid to. Not sure my psyche can take any more analyzing today!
tease.gif

MattP

Jedi Knight
Don't look at me I was just trying to break a thousand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

racing girl

Jedi Knight
Matt you interloper, congrats on the 1000... I've said it before and I'll say it again.... men DO talk more than women... I broke 600 today, I was rather happy about that.

Hope you're enjoying your B, you waited a long time for that.

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

MattP

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]

Hope you're enjoying your B, you waited a long time for that.

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif But my posts have definately gone up since. Along the lines of "Why the heck is it doing this?" Nothing serious, but the DPO left a definate legacy. That's ok, I have almost as much fun under the bonnet as the hood.