Thread: tr3b center exhaust hanger

Discussions of Triumph motor cars

Jedi Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

tr3b center exhaust hanger

I have a center exhaust hanger that came with my tr3. It looks like it bolts directly to the chassis on both sides. That would not let it move with the engine and trans mounts. Am I missing something here? Should I purchase the early TR4 style that attaches to the trans mount and pitch the original piece? Thanks for any thoughts on this. Bob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Re: tr3b center exhaust hanger

Bob
    Never had any issues with that mount. Very little engine and trans movement. Either way will/should be okay.

Marv

Jedi Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks Marv, Looking to stop engine vibrations going thru the car if possible. If they work good then no need to order a later version! Bob

Jedi Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bob67bgt View Post
    I have a center exhaust hanger that came with my tr3. It looks like it bolts directly to the chassis on both sides. That would not let it move with the engine and trans mounts. Am I missing something here? Should I purchase the early TR4 style that attaches to the trans mount and pitch the original piece? Thanks for any thoughts on this. Bob
    I installed the cruciform bracket in my post 6ok because it was the correct one.However during installation almost ordered the later hanger type.The cross mount uses small rubber bushings that made installation difficult and allows no room to adjust up or down.Might have been easier if original exhaust pipes.In my case I wanted to raise the pipe a little to better center it in the frame hole.I think it would be easier to adjust the later bracket if nessecary. If doing over I would use the later style.Tom