• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member from Northern California

Talon

Freshman Member
Hello. As the title says I am new here, and also new to the "forum" thing, so am a bit confused right now. I'll pick it up soon, though.

I am just starting to really get into the glorious and frustrating business of personally maintaining the 1959 TR-3A I've had for 10 years. It has always run well and I've had precious little reason to work on it. No longer: the differential is apparently shot. I can do basic mechanical repairs, but rebuilding a differential is beyond me -- and a guy at Moss just told me that I need to find a shop that is specially set up to do differentials. He also said that it would be cheaper to rebuild it with new parts than try to replace the whole thing. I tend to favor that as well, as I have misgivings about replacing it with an old assembly that may just break on me pretty soon down the road.

QUESTION FOR ANYONE: Do you know of a reliable place, in or close to San Francisco, that could rebuild my differential? Any suggestions or comments are much appreciated.

Thanks. Talon

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Talon,

"Welome" to the BCF. "THEE" best LBC site anywhere.

I would suggest you post your question on the "Triumph Forum" and I'm certain someone from your area will help you out.

Happy Hunting.

Russ

OP
Talon

Talon

Freshman Member
Thanks, Russ. Will do.
Talon

Country flag
Welcome, and good luck with your differential!