• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New old guy

magman

Country flag
Hello to each and everyone out there into old British cars. I am the current owner of Maggie May. She is a Austin Healey BN-1. Car #93, built August 1953. She is about the last of the 1953 production run. Modified for racing about the same time. I have been restoring her since 1995. She has been on the road for the last two years even though not quiet done. I thought she was finished this summer but right now her tranny and overdrive are out for a rebuild as I wasn't happy with them. As for me , well I am seventy five and am still very active. I worked with composite materials in aviation and racing applications for many years but am now retired. I live in Bellingham, Washington, USA. Wonderful sports car country. My greatest interest at this time is finding out all I can about the early days at Warwick, the home of the Healey Motor Car Company for those new to Healyworld. Since my dear Maggie is a bit of a mystery car and refuses to adhere to the current party line beliefs regarding the early cars I am always trying to gather information that hopefully will help me make sense of some of the discrepancies. Enough blabbing for now. I am attaching a photo of Maggie as she was when I bought her and a recent image of the finished result. I have some utube videos. Entering baker/healey will get you the latest one and you will see others that are available from there.

EARLY DAYS II 003.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg

Last edited:

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There magman,

"Welcome" to "THEE" best LBC site anywhere.

That is a very cool, nice looking Healey.

Introduce Yourself & Maggie May to the folks on the "Healey Forum" and I feel quite certain you`ll get alot of questions answered.

Happy Hunting,

Russ

Country flag
Wow, Great looking car!! Welcome to the Forum:smile: