• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

It's not British, but it is similar...

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Added a new bike into the mix yesterday -- took it for a test ride and just couldn't resist it. 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone -- a dealer down in Salt Lake just picked up the line and I'm the first one to buy a new Guzzi from them. Reminds me a bunch of the '07 Bonneville I had a few years ago, but with a bigger fuel tank and better MPG for longer touring range.

Once again I've managed to end the year with a different little fleet than I started. I like this current mix, though.

bugv7.jpg

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Nice bike, I have been looking off and on for a bike all summer, being pretty picky and not looking for anything common or newish, but I have come to like the Moto Guzzi's, they just kind of have a cool vibe.

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
If you've got a local dealer (the network is pretty thin) Moto Guzzi is worth checking out. A bit funky but surprisingly functional. Still made in Mandello del Lario.

Vintage Guzzi's are supposed to be pretty solid rides as well, very useable.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Drew, I always liked Italian bikes. I had a Ducatti 450 single once and loved it. Very quick to say the least. I totally restored it, but what a bear to get engine parts. Found an old dealer in Pennsylvania that had what I needed. It look similar to this one. It had so much compression, you had to be careful and not straight leg it on cranking as she had a terrible kick at times! Notice I said "She"! Loved that bike! :highly_amused: PJ

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
That's a pretty bike.

This is my first Italian bike, have about 400 miles on it so far -- unfortunately I'll be putting the bike away for the winter this weekend. Snow on the ground already.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Wow! How did I miss this?

When it comes to vehicles, there is no grass growing under you, Drew!

Congrats! Nice bike and unique too!

I remember they made police bikes.....some US departments used them. I had a 125cc Moto Guzzi trail bike back in my 20s.

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
When it comes to vehicles, there is no grass growing under you, Drew!

Congrats! Nice bike and unique too!

I remember they made police bikes.....some US departments used them. I had a 125cc Moto Guzzi trail bike back in my 20s.

Thanks, Nial. Yeah, I have tended to move through the fleet -- this bike makes 22 that have passed through my hands since I got my first car in 1994. Can't have them all at once, so I go one at a time. Three of our four vehicles are different now than they were in January... 2009 was the last year I didn't buy or sell something. My goal for 2014 is to end up with the same set of titles that I started with. :grin:

Vintage Guzzi's are really cool bikes, they did make police bikes and some great street bikes through the years. Still made in the same factory in Italy (Mandell Del Lario).

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Drew, you've been holding out on us! Should have gone for a double wide garage! Was looking at you vehicle history page and noticed that you might be interested in these. They belong to my daughter who studies history and wanted to get he hand dirty on something. Sadly I wish she would get her hands a little more dirty a little more often, but, I am a proud dad. She has two frames (CT200 and CT90) only one pair of rims and three engines (CT90, CT200, & S90) so real dog's breakfast!

IMG_20140104_210645_810_zps86111898.jpg

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Drew, you've been holding out on us! Should have gone for a double wide garage! Was looking at you vehicle history page and noticed that you might be interested in these. They belong to my daughter who studies history and wanted to get he hand dirty on something. Sadly I wish she would get her hands a little more dirty a little more often, but, I am a proud dad. She has two frames (CT200 and CT90) only one pair of rims and three engines (CT90, CT200, & S90) so real dog's breakfast!

Would have loved to have gone with my original 2-car shop plan (20'x24') but in the end I'm still glad I didn't for cost reasons -- I could either have the space or have resources to fill it, not both. :grin: Besides, the Bugeye and bike both fit in there just fine.

I've been eyeing the Trail 90 for years now, even more so since I had that S90 a couple years back. Neat little bikes, great for exploring the dirt roads around here. Still haven't ruled out adding one to the fold, but that's a long way down the list.