• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

American Graffiti Locations - 40 Yrs. Later

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
mehheh.

You BLINKED!!!

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
That's pretty neat!

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
The movie was filmed in Petaluma, but is based on Lucas's home town of Modesto. He was here in Aug to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the movie and is in town on occasion to visit his sister who still lives here. Paradise road does exist, but was not the most common drag strip used by locals in the day. It was too far out, they went to drag out on Milnes Rd along my dad's corn fields (even had lines painted on the road). Lucas was a big sports car guy and he was known to race a bit. His life was changed when he cracked up his Fiat near his father's farm not 2 blocks from my house. Here is George in the day............He was a member of Ecurie AWOL Sports car club. I know a few of the old members from George's day.
10149914443_25c4ae625f_z.jpg
10149904613_2085546d2d_z.jpg

Paul

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Thanks for the memories! My favourite movie. We rent it every now and then.

Reminds me of my teenage years cruising Burger Chef in my MGA in Lakewood, New Jersey. Or cruising Ocean Terrace in Seaside Heights, New Jersey in my TR3 in '69.

About 25 years ago, I had a friend who was a twin to Cindy Williams. Every time we'd go to NYC or The Shore, etc, she'd get stopped for autographs. And she always signed them (why not?) Fun!

In 1996 I ate at the "new" Mel's Drive In in San Francisco......not the real deal but still fun.

I always liked seeing the 2CV, the Vespa, the 356 Porsche, etc in that flick.

Where I live (in NJ) there must be a zillion "Millner Ford coupe replicas" at our local cruise nights. Usually plastic. Not my thing, especially when you see 3 or 4 of them together.

And great photos of G. Lucas in that FIAT.....who knew?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
"You wanna be a Pharaoh?"
That film was the "Star Wars" of the
early '70's.
I saw Lucas race a D Sports Racer
at Sears Point - horrible racer!.

- Doug