• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

eBook Version of Anderson/Moment Restoration Guide Available

SpacerM

Not sure if this is common knowledge, so posting it for the good of the group- Google Play has a eBook version of the Anderson/Moment book. It's basically a scan, so the quality unfortunately doesn't quite live up to the original, but with a cost of $15 versus $350 for a used hard copy, I'm willing to live with the shortcomings. Available here if you'd like a copy:

https://play.google.com/store/books...n_Healey_100_100_6_3000_Resto?id=kSlv6EZSq-0C

BOBBYR

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi SpacerM
I really appreciate you letting us know about the Anderson Restoration guide. I've been trying to get a copy of that for at least two years. The detail in the book is great!
Regards , BOBBYR

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
This is great. It's about time someone provided a reasonably-priced version of this.

BigGreen

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Not sure about the legal aspects of Google's "fair use"
Maybe someone can check the authors consent ...

kkaa

Jedi Hopeful
Same here and it doesnt expire. Ive been using for 2yrs....

Not sure if this is common knowledge, so posting it for the good of the group- Google Play has a eBook version of the Anderson/Moment book. It's basically a scan, so the quality unfortunately doesn't quite live up to the original, but with a cost of $15 versus $350 for a used hard copy, I'm willing to live with the shortcomings. Available here if you'd like a copy:

https://play.google.com/store/books...n_Healey_100_100_6_3000_Resto?id=kSlv6EZSq-0C

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
For what it is worth, Gary Anderson told me a while back that a new, updated version was in the works with color pics. I'll check with him and post an update.
Regards,
Mike

Heard back from Gary and he too suggested getting the google ebook !

Last edited:

MikeAH100M

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
IS this the same book with a different cover? The one I have is from MotorBooks Workshop copyright 2000 by Gary. The sample pages of the Google book look the same. I found a copy at a reasonable price through MidLife Classics in Charlotte

Attachments

• Moment Anderson Book Cover.jpg
    Moment Anderson Book Cover.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 153

57_BN4

I vaguely recall Gary Anderson posting on the email list a while back that work on the new edition had stalled. He also said that they no longer have ownership of the copyright to the current version and the publisher had no interest in reprinting it. Maybe things have changed in recent times and somebody else knows more than I do.

Does anyone know if the Ebook version is legit? I wonder if somebody has just downloaded the pages off Google Books preview and is making a quick buck on the side.

stretchit2

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
FWIW - I am fortunate enough to own one of the original books and I also purchased an electronic version of the book through Googles Play Store. The Google version looks like it is legit. Very legible, pictures are clear and I can zoom in on them. I often view them on my tablet for reference and don't expose my original copy to oiley smudges.

Jeff

mk31755

Country flag
FWIW - I am fortunate enough to own one of the original books and I also purchased an electronic version of the book through Googles Play Store. The Google version looks like it is legit. Very legible, pictures are clear and I can zoom in on them. I often view them on my tablet for reference and don't expose my original copy to oiley smudges.

Jeff
I have a copy of the book that I am using to restore my 56 100M. There are many mistakes, per my conversations with Roger Moment. Why not just buy the guidelines from the Austin Healey Club of America, for twenty bucks?

AH100M

Jedi Trainee
OK, I'll ask the question.

Can you specify some of the mistakes? I used a copy of the book, plus the Concours Guidelines and other documented sources to restore my 100 LeMans and found them to be largely in agreement with each other on most points.

57_BN4

There are several pages available of post-script corrections to the book. There are also errors in the concours guidelines.

AH100M

Jedi Trainee
Yes, I have the post-script pages. Was there anything else that was still in error for 100's that sticks in your mind in the book or in the guidelines?

57_BN4

Sorry, I speak only BN4 Longbridge... I think there are probably more errors associated with BN4 because only in recent years are they being considered worth restoring rather than a parts source for other cars.

AH100M

Jedi Trainee
You're probably right. I've had my 100 since 1980 and for about 20 years a lot of new information about the car came to light but it's been pretty quiet the past 10 years or so. But the BN4's information is still changing.

healeyblue

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Also referring to the longbridge cars, it is not really the fact that the info is in most part wrong, but more just omitted. There are many longbridge features only on these cars that are not even mentioned in the book. The info is here on the forum though thankfully.

OP
S

SpacerM

Can one of the members with the post-script errata sheets make them available to the forum? I have searched but cannot seem to find them.

Zotch

Freshman Member
Hi all,
I have just landed on this thread regarding the Anderson 100 ebook. Is the ebook still available on US Google play?
When I try to purchase a copy over here in the UK I am told that it is not available in my region.
Is that because of copyright, or that it is no longer available?