• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Peacemaker Bus - this is astonishing

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
So, look in the Spotted thread to see the cruise night pics from last night - this was parked in the corner.

Basically a rolling commune (seriously) Christian (sort of wikipedia says they may be a cult) , and with a particular mission to provide free medical care at Grateful Dead concerts, including cuts sprains, broken glass and of course bad trips.

The bus is a 1955 Scenicruiser on the bottom and a 1949 General American Aerocoach on the top.

The link is here https://twelvetribes.org/peacemaker-bus if you look at the last buses, there is a Merry Prankster vibe too.

They also have a tall ship which makes me wonder about funding? Anyways, a couple more pics - it was absolutely astonishing!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Cultism" must be lucrative!

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Just spent 1/2 hr. reading about them. They are a cult in my opinion. But, they have made 2 of these buses & they certainly are unique.

Pretty much my conclusion

Tiger

Jedi Warrior
Before opening, I was visualizing a bus made out of a B-36 fuselage; by comparison this looks almost tame.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Just spent 1/2 hr. reading about them. They are a cult in my opinion. But, they have made 2 of these buses & they certainly are unique.
I just did the same thing and reached the same conclusion. But certainly an interesting read! I guess their funding comes from all the combined, free labour of their members. The bus is cool and it's certainly a clever marketing method. Funny they mentioned the Presbyterian Potluck supper in their document....we have one scheduled at our house soon. And yeah, I though of the B-36 too!