• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Always a day late...

G

I've had some pretty good ideas over the years only to find out it's already been done.

6 cycle engine: four years too late (same EXACT design :wall: )

Magnafilter: about 4 (my design is a little different but same concept)

John Browning's recoil locking system: about 80 years (100% on that too)

(I did however design the current T.E.D (turtle excluder device) before it came out at age 19 in about ten minutes...... I just never did anything about it....)

There has been others but I forget what they were. Last night I had a dream I was riding a Big Wheel at night with a ring on each hand that also was a flashlight. I woke up and thought that would be a cool thing for a kid....only to find out....https://inspir3d.net/2012/02/07/flashlight-ring-by-svetlana-mikhailova/

:wall:

Ya know, I'd set myself on fire in protest but....:wall:

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I dunno, seems a little obvious. I really like my "head" lights (that strap onto your head) for car work. That idea has been around for at least a century (or two); but high output LEDs are really what make it practical.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
... I really like my "head" lights (that strap onto your head) for car work. That idea has been around for at least a century (or two); ...

Maybe as long as the candle's been around...:excitement:

b1030a.jpg

OP
G

I dunno, seems a little obvious. I really like my "head" lights (that strap onto your head) for car work. That idea has been around for at least a century (or two); but high output LEDs are really what make it practical.

Oh, so it was you then, my bad. :smirk: Question: have you seen one before today? I've seen the little keychain light before but nothing small enough to fit inside of a ring. It's a little easier to put a light on your head than it is in a ring sized device on one finger not to mention the technology involved is just a wee bit new than 100 years. :wink:

I'm not talking about it being as bright idea to use a light in the dark, I'm talking about a light the size of a ring. That's a far cry from sticking a candle on your head. :whistle: Mine would be brighter and cooler than this one but it's already been done before, which it didn't know. I'm betting you didn't either.

OP
G

Oh Lord those are hideous! No, I'm not talking about a ring that lights up, I'm talking about a ring that is a light. Glow-in-the-dark rings have been around forever. I'm talking about something that is a flashlight , not a flashing light. :wink: I figured if it would be anywhere it would be in the "stuff for old people" catalog that we somehow got on their mailing list.

You may like these better. They're cheaper at HD. I used them for night time pit stops on the dark side of the pit and they are fantastic: https://www.qcidirect.com/lighted-s...safety-specs&gclid=CLaBur7667gCFY3m7Aod6joApw

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
They don't all flash, scroll down a bit and you'll find some finger-mounted flashlights. Still not absolutely identical to the one you linked to, but I only spent a few seconds finding that page.

You may like these better. They're cheaper at HD. I used them for night time pit stops on the dark side of the pit and they are fantastic: https://www.qcidirect.com/lighted-s...safety-specs&gclid=CLaBur7667gCFY3m7Aod6joApw
Only if they are bright enough, and come with magnifying lenses in the glasses.

Even then, I'd probably prefer being able to swap glasses, like I can now. The ones I have can be tilted to shine better on what you are doing, and the one I like best has multiple light configurations, with dimmer, soft focus LEDs for close-up work (like under the car), and brighter beam LEDs to act more like a flashlight. There's also a flashing red mode, in case you need a beacon.

Not sure if this is the exact same thing or not (there are a lot of permutations available). But it's an example:
https://www.target.com/p/energizer-...ITD2_a_7LgCFexDMgodZmIAmg#item-specifications

OP
G

Still not absolutely identical to the one you linked to, but I only spent a few seconds finding that page.

Only if they are bright enough, and come with magnifying lenses in the glasses.

Only took me a second too, but did you know about them before? That's the question and exactly my point. By the time I think about it...it's already been thunk, thus, a day late and a dollar short.

The glasses are bright and very easy to wear. I never could get use to that thing on my forehead and my brain getting squeezed. I don't know if they have any with magnification. It would seem intuitive, but I've never seen any....:playful: Seriously though, try them out. They don't have a beacon on 'em, but if you need one to work on your car, you should help with ya anyway if it's that dangerous. Does it come with a cup holder for your beer too? :highly_amused: