• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Travel "roof" cover?

peteatgr

Took my '67 to the shop for help with a few electrical "things" yesterday. Everything got fixed just fine but an unexpected passing rain shower got the car as it waited in the lot, top up thank goodness. But I do have the drivers window out of the car for some door work and things got wet. No major damage but a wet seat on the drive home, and the reminder of an idea I had a while back.

Has anyone ever found, had made, or know someone who might make a fold-up, traveling, "roof cover" for an AH? Not a full waterproof car cover but just a roof and windshield cover. I had envisioned it to be a sun and water/rain blocking, shaped cover. It would be just a bit bigger than the actual car roof, would "fit" over the car top and windshield, and attach in place with bungy cords. If it folded up nice and neat and small for traveling then it could find a home in my car boot for sure. If it had soft cloth around the bottom edge to protect paint jobs, that would be good too.

Anybody have such a cover?

sjuengst

Don't have first-hand knowledge, but the Google machine found these:

https://www.hamilton-motorsport.co.uk/acatalog/Cover_-_Convertible_Car_-_Top_Cover.html

x-ConvertibleTopCover_Small.jpg

https://www.cabrioshield.com/usa/features.html
materials.jpg

https://www.calcarcover.com/product.aspx?id=1842
1842_2.jpg

There are probably lots more ...

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Took my '67 to the shop for help with a few electrical "things" yesterday. Everything got fixed just fine but an unexpected passing rain shower got the car as it waited in the lot, top up thank goodness. But I do have the drivers window out of the car for some door work and things got wet. No major damage but a wet seat on the drive home, and the reminder of an idea I had a while back.

Has anyone ever found, had made, or know someone who might make a fold-up, traveling, "roof cover" for an AH? Not a full waterproof car cover but just a roof and windshield cover. I had envisioned it to be a sun and water/rain blocking, shaped cover. It would be just a bit bigger than the actual car roof, would "fit" over the car top and windshield, and attach in place with bungy cords. If it folded up nice and neat and small for traveling then it could find a home in my car boot for sure. If it had soft cloth around the bottom edge to protect paint jobs, that would be good too.

Anybody have such a cover?

There is such a cover - Peter Roses and Jeff Boysen used them in Scotland recently. Peter's looking for the info and I'll post it later - possibly tomorrow.

TodE

Jedi Hopeful
There used to be a someone that advertised on EBay that made them. It appeared it was made out of top material and attached at the Tenax fasteners points. I think he sold them for around $167.00 I was always going to buy one, but never got around to it. I have not seen it on EBay for a year or more. Maybe if he reads these posts he will start up again.

OP
P

peteatgr

Thank you everyone. this is goods information. I'm going to purchase one or another and will post my impressions once I get it and use it.