• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Horn advice..

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior

dklawson

Yoda
Compatibility?

I don't see why they would not work. The pictures show two spade terminals. If the harness in your car does not already support two-wire horns, all that will be required will be to run ground wires from one of those spade terminals to ground and connect your existing wire to the remaining terminal.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
they will work (or send them to me) :smile:

OP
B

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior
thatnks guys,that's what i thoguht but although the listing says it is for Midget, the compatibility chart says incompatible. I think that was a mistake. ! Mine have not worked in about 10 years I'm guessing. I got ONE of them to give me a faint "blllleeeeeppp" when i hooked it to the battery. Between the paint overspray the guy did and the rust inside I found when I opened it up probably rendered them pretty useless. new ones aren't bad..I can live with that..ME LIKE SHINY!! :smile:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
BTW i replaced mine with cheapies and while theynwork fine, I am going to replace them again. Not loud enough. Get max db for a little car.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
:iagree: I saved the air horn from my old Fiat for the Prefect. Really gets their attention.

dklawson

Yoda
On a parallel note (pun intended) has anyone here installed one of the Wolo "Bad Boy" mini air horns on either an LBC or another car? I loath the anemic "meep-meep" horn on my daily driver and was thinking of installing a louder and more commanding horn on it.

BillW103

Jedi Trainee
OP
B

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior
I laughed at the "meep-meep" comment. It's very true. Maybe I should have opted for an air horn! Imaggine driving a midget and sounding out an 18 wheeler horn?? Nice!

dklawson

Yoda
Bill M, the picture link you posted shows the same type of horn I was asking about. Thanks for the nod.

G

I laughed at the "meep-meep" comment. It's very true. Maybe I should have opted for an air horn! Imaggine driving a midget and sounding out an 18 wheeler horn?? Nice!

I actually have one of those but no where to mount the tank. Frieght train horn is what I want....

I'm gonna have to look into mounting it on the car. I've got the air suspension pump from the Lincoln and maybe I can use a little propane bottle for the tank.... Hmmmm... :devilgrin:

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I like ~This Horn~.

I don't have one, but I've heard them and I've been considering getting one for my MGB.

Compressor is built in so simple installation and price ($30) isn't bad.

dklawson

Yoda
Nial, that again is the horn I was asking about. How would you describe the sound?

I have it in my Amazon shopping cart and will probably go ahead and buy it when I place my next order. Amazon does appear to have the lowest price on it.

OP
B

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior
Hey guys..thanks to you all! I got my new door panels and when i went to throw out thebox noticed it was not quite empty. i foun dmy new horns in there! I didn't realize they came from the same ebay seller. Hooked them up an din 5 minutes got the rootin' tootin' honk of a hi and low horn loud enough to scare an old lady off the road! All is well! Replacing that fue box with a new one and cleaning hte connectors is really working out! best $17 i ever spent! I think I am going to order the door clips from this place: https://www.northwestimportparts.com Anyone ever deal with them before? prices seem competitive and they claim their shipping is reasonable. I just want to get the door panels on, the new windo crank on, order the new door rests and handles and be doen with that! then I can finish the last of the electrical stuff. Might need a new wiper motor and washer fluid motor *sigh*. but she is so close to driving its awesome. I do love opening the trunk and seeing th elight go on now. And removing the crappy speakers from the back of the car and putting one crappy speaker in the speaker grill on the console and listening ot that old '79 original am/fm radio play is golden!!

dklawson

Yoda
They don't sell a lot of parts that fit the cars I own but I have bought from their sales fliers before. They have been in business for many years now and I don't think you will be disappointed with them.

TexasSprite

Jedi Hopeful
The horn on my car is a Stebel Nautilus airhorn. Try Twisted Throttle or Amazon online. Easy to install. Mine even came with a relay (The thing draws enough amps that you can't run it off the original wiring). Very satisfactory loudness!