• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Elegance

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Just got back from the Hershey Hotel. Whoa Nelly. The Black w/chrome should win best of show (IMO) - it's the Delage Aerodynamic Coupe. The Yellow and Black is the Bugatti Type 57. Those two were my favorites (but really that was a tough call). The Silver Ferrari is the 275 GTB 4 cam - incredible car I coveted as a teenager. The beetle looking car is the Scarab - designed by William Stout (thanks for the correction Tom) and powered by a Ford flat head V8 mounted in the rear. The "Blower" Bentley and the Rolls Royce V12 Convertible are incredibly rare vehicles....but then almost all of these cars are rarities (The Packard Balboa (pale yellow) - how many can say they've seen it).

https://s490.photobucket.com/user/3798j/slideshow/2013 The Elegance Hershey

Last edited:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Amazing! What was the 60's blue thing had a sort of corvette look.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Great pictures of great cars. Back when they had "class" - not necessarily efficiency.

One detail from what's left of my brain: the Scarab wasn't Buckminster Fuller. Fuller did the Dymaxion car. The Scarab was by William Stout, same guy who designed the "Ford Tri-motor" aircraft.

Scarab was very cool, with four McPherson type struts at the corners, strut tops mounted above the center of gravity. Very smooth ride, and when the car went around a corner, it actually leaned *into* the turn, not away from it.

Tom

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
that's the one - gorgeous! (and vaguely kit-carish at the same time - runs and hides)

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
It's a great event. If Father's Day hadn't conflicted, I would have gone.

I ran the event in 2002 and really enjoyed it. While I'm not a great fan of hillclimbing in general (who races on cold tires?), the Hershey attracts a ton of neat cars for the climb and the show.
Really worth going to, just to see everything.

One of my students, Graham Long, was fastest overall this year in the Morici Lotus Seven. This is Graham (but at PVGP).

1001776_10201179163823731_2089782202_n.jpg

OP
3798j

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Nial your student was quick...and smooth. Check out my post in "Jaguars" for the John Fitch LeMans Special. It was pretty neat.