• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

2913 California Mille

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
2013 California Mille

I drove about 1 hour South to meet up with the Mille people,
at the Benbow Inn.They were supposed to be there at 12:30.I got there
at 12:45,but the first car didn't arrive until after 1PM.
Doc,I saw more Alfas than I've ever seen in one place together.
When was the last time you saw an Alfa 6C?
I have pictures that I can send,if anyone's interested.

- Doug

Last edited:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Love to see the pics, Doug. I can help post them here, just send them along.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Here are Doug's pictures -- some very nice stuff shows up for this one!

dougmile_01.jpg

dougmile_02.jpg

dougmile_03.jpg

dougmile_04.jpg

dougmile_05.jpg

dougmile_06.jpg

dougmile_07.jpg

dougmile_08.jpg

dougmile_09.jpg

dougmile_10.jpg

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
dougmile_11.jpg

dougmile_12.jpg

dougmile_13.jpg

dougmile_14.jpg

dougmile_15.jpg

dougmile_16.jpg

dougmile_17.jpg

dougmile_18.jpg

dougmile_19.jpg

dougmile_20.jpg

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
dougmile_21.jpg

dougmile_22.jpg

dougmile_23.jpg

dougmile_24.jpg

dougmile_25.jpg

dougmile_26.jpg

dougmile_27.jpg

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Wow... what a gathering. And, hey, the Benbow Inn is a classic too!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Dang drool killed another keyboard.

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I'm also drooling from those spectacular cars.
Good thing they had an event this year because you were 900 years early for the 2913 Mille:friendly_wink:

Country flag
That is a spectacular display of automobiles! And 900 years in the future to boot! :smile:

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yeah....yeah...,I noticed my mistake too late (2913),but couldn't change it.
Did anyone notice the cool MGB GT in the background of the Silver Lancia coupe?

- Doug

MarshgrassA

Jedi Trainee
I noticed the MGB GT in the background of a couple of shots. Still drooling over the 507. Mega dollars for most cars shown.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yeah - that's mine.It looks good,& hides the flaws from that distance.Of course,I was WAY outclassed by that group of cars. The sad thing that I saw was a guy (probably the owner) letting a girl-(his Daughter?) drive a Ferrari 250 GT.She was riding the clutch,& kept killing the enginemultiple times, when she tried to park it. - Doug

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Yeah - that's mine.It looks good,& hides the flaws from that distance.Of course,I was WAY outclassed by that group of cars. The sad thing that I saw was a guy (probably the owner) letting a girl-(his Daughter?) drive a Ferrari 250 GT.She was riding the clutch,& kept killing the enginemultiple times, when she tried to park it. - Doug

Yours still looks great! and I think there is something to be said for a car you can walk away from and not worry about. Got to disagree about the daughter/Ferrari though - I'd be happy to see a father teaching his daughter - sounds like he has his priorities in order.

MarshgrassA

Jedi Trainee
I wore out a few clutches in my youth learning how to drive a stick. I am sure the cost of a new clutch is within in his budget or he would not be letting her drive!

I was happy happy to see the MGB GT in that crowd of lookers and bet you held your own on the road.

Cheers,
Irene

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
MGB GT was on my short list when I ended up with the TR. None of those cars were on any list of mine except the Healy and those went from just out of reach to forget it. Thanks for the pict's, enjoy your car.