• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Griffin Thermal Products

Country flag
Is that fan going to clear the steering rack?

Griffin, is our neck of the woods, Townville, SC, between Greenville, and Anderson, SC, one for the well known aluminum radiator companies in the world. Their stuff is ultra nice, and you can bet Alan paid a pretty penny for that set up. Griffin will custom make anything you want. A Ron Davis unit is $650-700 without a shroud, so go up from there. That is a very nice radiator Alan !

Country flag
IN my area, many people use https://www.prchotrod.com/
they design and build good stuff. However, they do need an existing unit for reference. I was going to have them do one for my bugeye, but my stock unit is working quite well.

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I have to ask how much it cost....

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
John Felt has a number of these over on bugeyeparts.com. NFI. But price as I understand it is $500+. Do I need for a 1275 BE, likely not if radiator has been boiled out and checked. IS it needed for a racecar, likely. Again YMMV. A;; depends on the application.

nomad

Yoda
Bluemax, I see that the shock tower to shock tower cross member has been modified. Curious as to the engine this is to clear????

nomad

Yoda
Shouldn't need clearance at the cross brace for that unless you are powering something off the crank shaft. Did you have other plan's?

Kurt.

nomad

Yoda
Great! Always interested in option's! Keep us posted.

Kurt

OP
BlueMax

BlueMax

Jedi Warrior
You will see a Griffin built radiator in most of the Intel Cup Nascars today cars and planes. Griffin will build whatever you want as they did for me. Griffin currently has my original radiator so that they can Cad design it for future customers. In my case I used a VW rabbit thermo fan switch with a Spal’s puller fan with fixed bolted on mounting point. Contact Ben at Griffin for quotes for your particular application.