• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A wiper blades tr3

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Does anyone know a source for wiper blades or perhaps just the rubber insert for a tr3? I have the ones from Moss and VB and was hoping someone knew a different source. Perhaps TRF has a different type, but Moss and VB are the same.

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I got mine way back when from TRF. Have had to use them once, worked great...

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I'd have to look some things up; but as I recall the wiper blades from a MGA will fit the TR3 arms and are flexible (like modern blades) rather than being straight like the original TR blades. Used to be you could buy refills that were twice the required length and cut them in half; but I haven't done that in a long time. No wiper blades on the car ...

mgedit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I bought some from TRF a few months ago, and they are just like the original straight ones. Never used them, but they look nice. Cheers, Mike

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
I have two sets -- the original style is on the car most days and a modern pair are in the boot in the (unlikely) event that it rains.

If you can find the modern ones (good tip on MGA) they are flexible and perhaps refillable though refills are getting hard to find -- they mostly want to sell entire blades.

RainX is, of course, my first line of defense and works well in light rain.

OP
S

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
We get a lot of rain up here and sometimes I actually needthem to work. Around here people call tr3 wipers cheap jewelry. Over the years Ihave acquired some odd aftermarket blades from different tr3s. One of them, I thinkamco, has a spring built into the arm that holds the blade tight, but I onlyhave the one. The guy at Nappa said, come on down with your old stuff and maybewe can find some kind of filler or something. I bought some NOS tr3 ones online that are flexible, but I think they are tr4 or maybe VW. Thanks forlooking around Randall; I will look into the MGA stuff.
On another note, if I type in Word and copy past the marginscome out wrong, any suggestions from the computer guys?

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
[... if I type in Word and copy past the marginscome out wrong, any suggestions from the computer guys...

I'm not a computer guy anymore but perhaps if you save the Word document in 'plain text' it will do better. That should remove any formatting (and there is a lot of imbedded formatting in the above message).

You may need to save the close & open again to get the benefit of the plain text.

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
All the TR original style wiper blades just smear the rain all over my windscreen. So I bought 8" long blades from Holden in England that are standard on the MG Midget. Google Holden UK auto parts.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Hmm, thought I already posted this, but it's not here. Anyway, the blades I used on my TR3A were GWB215, Moss 164--980; listed for MGA, Sprite, Midget and some big Healeys.

OP
S

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
I found some MG wipers, but they are 9 inch and they looklike they should work. Are the ones you got 9 or 8 inch Don?

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
The wipers I bought from Holden in UK were 8" long - like the original ones for the sidescreen TRs. I had a choice and bought the ones with the "spoon" fitting to slip right onto the arms I have on my 1958 TR3A.

OP
S

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Thank you Don for doing the research much appreciated. BeforeI saw your post, I ordered a 161-100 from Moss. It came today and they look exactlylike your picture.