• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

For the pilots + others

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That's kinda scary. I would figger they've put up some more blatant signage by now. Something like: "WARNING!!! STOP!! AIRCRAFT LANDING ZONE!!!"

sheesh. Poor guy was making sure he landed it "on the numbers". Glad the camera was there to bear witness to the SUV driver's obliviousness.

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
Figures. Volvo SUV. I am sure that the driver is just Oh So Safe.... They drive that way around here anyway. Glad the student pilot kept at it.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Figures. Volvo SUV. I am sure that the driver is just Oh So Safe.... They drive that way around here anyway. Glad the student pilot kept at it.

Yup-yup. They think they're impervious to damage in those things.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
There are several videos of that incident believe it or not. Note that the "road" is actually a public road which goes right by the threshold. But another aspect to me - that Cessna seems to be coming in awfully low over the fence, and heading for a touchdown on the threshold, not the numbers, on RNY 17. The plane's wheel hit the SUV, so that wheel was only about 5 or 6 feet above ground - way too low when you're not yet over the threshold and clearing a fence. Per AirNav, that road is 30 feet from the threshold, and the threshold is 400 feet (not 30 feet) from the "numbers". In the AOPA photo, the numbers look like they were just painted - and they're certainly not 400 feet from the threshold. Somebody's got some 'splainin' to do.

Regardless, the Volvo driver sure seemed oblivious to the world outside. But more important - the young student was convinced to go back up in the air - and got his ticket.

Tom