• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BN1 BN2 Transmission Question, Returning member

Vineyarder

Freshman Member
Moving to fast and posted in wrong forum, anyway I am a returing member so HELLO again. Been messing around with old Healeys since 1969 and just never have all the answers so it seems. I am looking for the answer to a gear question. I was in need of a 1st gear for my BN2 and purchased one used a couple years past. Recently saw a picture of, what was suggested is the same gear and find the 3 holes offset into the gear area and the back of the gear a bit rounded where mine is flat. I have not pulled my tranny as of yet but now wondering what is correct for the BN2 and if in fact I have the correct part. I didn't notice any #'s on the part so not helpful. This Healey has been a very slow rebuild and I am ashamed of myself for how long the BN2 has been in storage. I am determined but in spite of my lazyness I have since purchased a 1955 BN1 so I am still enjoying the Healy experience. Thanks for any help Don Macdonald

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome to the Forum. I am sure that you will find your answers from the many great folks in the BCF. If you have not already done so, make sure to post your question in the Austin Healey section of the forum too. And post photos. It always helps in getting answers, and we all love to look at each other's cars...

Enjoy the ride!

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Don,

"Welcome Back". As Brooklands mentions; Post your question(s) in the Healey Forum & not doubt you`ll get your answers.

Have cont. fun,

Russ

Country flag
Welcome to the Forum!