• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Photo question

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
IMO you'll need a much better camera to blow up that big, unless you're going to view it from a long way away.

Even the reviews of that camera are complaining about poor focus.

My limited experience is that you're better off buying a camera from people who make cameras (eg Canon, Nikon, etc), rather than people who make electronics. There is a lot more skill to good opticals than there is to good electronics. But YMMV and all that.

OP
G

most of my shots will be close-ups. This camera made fantastic close -ups and the cannon and nikon I looked at didn't.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Right off the link you provided:
"Photo quality
With its f2.6 maximum aperture and BSI CMOS sensor, the WX50's photo quality is very good indoors and out. What's disappointing is that photos aren't very sharp, even at its lowest ISO, and they really aren't usable at full size because subjects just look soft and painterly. Basically, you won't want to do any enlarging and heavy cropping, but photos up to ISO 400 look very good and can be printed up to 13x9"
Sounds like you should keep looking.

OP
G

Seems everything in the class says something along those lines.

The chick at best buy was trying to tell me the print places have the technolgy to clean up large images froom printing large but she was also trying to sell me the Cannon for great close ups but it wouldn't focus close up. When I asked which camera she made the most on....guess which one she said...

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
Much as I love to take photos and have decent gear, I'm not too up on the tech and specs. My limited understanding is that enlargement demands megapixels. More is better and the camera your looking at is inexpensive and has mucho megapix. You could easily pay much more money and have no better result. Worst case is you have a good pocket camera for other stuff.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
If you're gonna shoot up close.
Make sure it has a decent macro.
One thing I hate about my phone camera. The macro sucks

William

Darth Vader
Much as I love to take photos and have decent gear, I'm not too up on the tech and specs. My limited understanding is that enlargement demands megapixels. More is better and the camera your looking at is inexpensive and has mucho megapix

Except the reviews talk about a lack of sharpness. This says "cheap glass" and "poor focus" to me, rather than a megapixel deficit.