• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Staying signed in

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
For some reason when I am away from the computer I get signed out.
Is there a setting somewhere so I stay signed in until I turn off the browser??

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Don - when you're not logged in, just go to the Login Button (upper right). Check the "remember me" box, then login in per usual.

Tom

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Tried that a million times Tom
Thanks though

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Tom-FF

So I was just away from my computer for 2 hours with the site still up.
Came back and had to sign in again

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Just this one
Though the 6 pack will log me out but it takes a few hours
It only started doing this with the new look
That's why I thought it was a setting somewhere

jsfbond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Switch to a real operating system, like Ubuntu. Something you don't have to pay for, and viruses are virtually nonexistent.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
For some reason when I am away from the computer I get signed out.
Aren't you getting the message Don? :smirk:

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Switch to a real operating system, like Ubuntu. Something you don't have to pay for, and viruses are virtually nonexistent.
Don't think it is the OS

Just had to sign on again

Elliot- Loud and clear!!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Don- I just switched to FF last week and the same thing happens.... I just hit the refresh and I'm back to being signed in. I also have the box checked to "remember me".

bertl

Could be FF which I use, see my post re:" loss of page style". Haven't solved my problem either I'm thinking it's my browser that's causing my problem. I don't stay logged on long enough to experience current problem.

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Don- I just switched to FF last week and the same thing happens.... I just hit the refresh and I'm back to being signed in. I also have the box checked to "remember me".
My box won't stay checked

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Check your cookie settings.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Don't know if it makes a difference, but I have FF set to remember my pass word for the BCF.