• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Saab 9-3 - Need Information

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
A Friend of mine,who is associated with the Salvation Army,told me ofa Saab 9-3 that had been donated by a Widower.It was his Wife's car,& hasall of the paperwork. I was told that I could probaby buy it it for $50 -$100.We have a Son thatwants to buy his own car,& will assume financial responsibilities. Common sense says "Pass it by",but emotional sense says "This is a COOL-car,& for less than $100 - BUY IT!". Help me - What should I do? - Doug

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Buy it. For $100 your son will get a cool car, and if it has some issues some good experience wrenching on it.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I love my wife's 9-3. Definitely a "Driver's Car."

Attachments

• 2010_11060016 (Small).JPG
    2010_11060016 (Small).JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 12

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
My advice?? Walk up to it, turn 180 degrees, and run like ****. Saab is out of business. Electronic parts are already hard to come by, Saab specific parts are no longer being made. Sure, it is a nice car cheap, but I tell customers all the time"There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Jaguar". Change the brand, and the advice remains the same.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I put a bid of $100 on it.If I get it,our Son will drive it until
something breaks,then sell it to the wrecking yard.It's a '93,with all the options.
I've also found a '90 Camry that has a big transmission leak,
but the rest is in perfect shape,with 95,000 miles.I'm thinking of buying that,&
if it's just a seal,we'll get a great transportation car for cheap.Otherwise,we'll
have the trans overhauled,& drive it until it dies.
This is for our #2 kid,who'll be paying for it.He's driving the rusty
Cortina right now,but wants something nicer.

- Doug

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Doug- That Saab is a 100% safer than that Cortina.
Buy it for that alone!