• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Internet Explorer-10

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I read good and bad reports on IE-10 in W-7, any comments from the computer experts on this? MS says that the Do Not Track is on by default, but that's still a little scary to me, just because it has the ability to do so. Right now it's too new and probably has a ton of bugs. What do you think? PJ

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Paul - just a heads up. Regardless of how a "do not track" feature is handled, you're being tracked. Maybe by Windows, maybe by the browser, maybe by the web sites visited, maybe by your internet service provider.

Remember, just because we're not paranoid, doesn't mean we're not being watched :jester:

Tom

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
IE10 (with Windows 8) seems to be working OK for me... so far.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
IE10 (with Windows 8) seems to be working OK for me... so far.

But will it work as well in W-7? I have W-7 ultimate in 3 computers and am not planning on changing them, this is where the problem seems to be. Will it work in W-7 as well as in W-8? I'm reading conflicting reports. Naturally it would also depend on whether it has enough improvements to warrant this change over. PJ

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well, Curiosity killed the cat, I hope I'm not included, as I just installed IE-10 on my W-7 lap top. All went well and seems to work great. Now I have to play with it and check out the new features. I think the installation program checks to see if you are running licensed software or pirated! I don't think it will install if it determines your version of Windows is not licensed. Not sure. PJ

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
To tell you the truth, I really don't see any obvious difference between IE9 and IE10... though I sure there are lots of hidden things (and matters of integration).

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I do see one main difference between 9 & 10, 10 is jerky moving from one post to another, even when I scroll, the first move has a slight delay in it, jerky! 9 didn't do that and my other browser FLOCK, based on Mozilla, is much faster. Of course, this is a trial version in W-7 and I'm sure the bugs will be attended to. I'm going to leave it in for a while, give them a chance to tune it up a bit. I haven't figured how to jump to the next line as the enter button doesn't do that in this program. Other than those two things I've found, I don't see much difference between 9 & 10 either.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I do see one main difference between 9 & 10, 10 is jerky moving from one post to another, even when I scroll, the first move has a slight delay in it, jerky! 9 didn't do that and my other browser FLOCK, based on Mozilla, is much faster. Of course, this is a trial version in W-7 and I'm sure the bugs will be attended to. I'm going to leave it in for a while, give them a chance to tune it up a bit. I haven't figured how to jump to the next line as the enter button doesn't do that in this program. Other than those two things I've found, I don't see much difference between 9 & 10 either.

Haven't experienced the jerky thing (and using Win8 with a fast processor), but I did lose the use of the ENTER/RETURN key until I was wisely advised to turn off the WYSIWYG editor and go with the slightly lesser editor (though not way down to the "Basic" one); now I can start a new...

... paragraph again. :rapture: With the slightly lesser editor you won't have the feature where you can fully size an image that you insert.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Haven't experienced the jerky thing (and using Win8 with a fast processor), but I did lose the use of the ENTER/RETURN key until I was wisely advised to turn off the WYSIWYG editor and go with the slightly lesser editor (though not way down to the "Basic" one); now I can start a new...

... paragraph again. :rapture: With the slightly lesser editor you won't have the feature where you can fully size an image that you insert.

If the WYSIWYG editor isn't working properly it;s more likely a bug in the browser or else the latest version of Java not installed, or some browser setting. There is NO reason why it should not work correctly otherwise.

D

Deleted member 8987

If the WYSIWYG editor isn't working properly it;s more likely a bug in the browser or else the latest version of Java not installed, or some browser setting. There is NO reason why it should not work correctly otherwise.
Wait a minute......if you have electrical issues, it's Lucas....if you have issues with IE, it's Gates!

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

I think I'm up-to-date with both browser and Java. Still, I'll look around a bit more. Interesting that the intermediate editor is fine. Yep, maybe an unidentified IE10 issue.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I just updated my Java and it made no difference. The scrolling still pauses when I roll the wheel and is still jerky. As I have said before, it only does this in I-E10, not IE-9 or my other Mozilla based browsers. PJ