• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Swaps

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
While looking at Walter's "purist" thread, I was thinking about some Brit-oriented engine swaps I've seen.

Here are photos I've taken of various examples:

(Anyone else have photos of swaps like these?)

britfest-12-170.jpg

britfest-12-11.jpg

britfest-12-108.jpg

britfest-12-155.jpg

BritFest08-Chev-AH.jpg

BritFest08-Chevy-AH.jpg

rdster-v8.jpg

DSCI0028.jpg

DSC_0817.jpg

DSC_0818.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Looks like it to me Bas.

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
I'll bet the Alfa-engined TF was a nice swap. We had a spare Climax FWA earmarked for our TD years ago but sold both when an excellent '57 Guiletta presented itself.

The engine from my XK-140 was eventually installed in a an early 50's Ford pickup that I suspect is still sitting in the woods in Connecticut.

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
........The engine from my XK-140 was eventually installed in a an early 50's Ford pickup that I suspect is still sitting in the woods in Connecticut.

This XK-140 (owned by PVGP champ, Tivvy Shenton) was originally fitted with a Chevy stovebolt six when Tivvy bought it. He restored it and fitted a 3.8 Jag motor in it.

TivvyShenton-JaguarXK140-BB.jpg

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
I have a few 5.3 Jag V12s hanging around here. I want to biuld a T bucket or something like that just to do it. Jag rear, etc. All I need now is time and money... Oh Wait..

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I always get a kick out of this Metropolitan. Exiting Cars and Coffee in Irvine. You here it from the very start of this video.