• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Co-worker's truck stolen in broad daylight

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Yesterday one of my co-workers had his late-model Ford F-150 stolen from right in front of the building - in broad daylight (sometime between 10:30 and 11AM). Apparently trucks are a hot item for thieves around here lately.

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
no security cameras?
a few years ago a friend had the rims stolen from his Volvo wagon and the car left on the ground (imagine not even on blocks). A friend of my sons had his hummer stolen from a mall parking lot by a tow truck.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
To bad he didn't have a gps alarm system so it could be tracked.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I was worried about this as the Shuttle passed through the streets of LA (that or a serious graffiti attack). :laugh:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Boink said:
I was worried about this as the Shuttle passed through the streets of LA (that or a serious graffiti attack). :laugh:
News at eleven....

Attachments

• 29952.jpg
    29952.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 180
G

Basil said:
Yesterday one of my co-workers had his late-model Ford F-150 stolen from right in front of the building - in broad daylight

Oh, so ~that's~ where you work ! :whistle:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Gliderman8 said:
Boink said:
News at eleven....

Aha!!! :lol:

MikeP

Jedi Knight
Lady here a couple years ago had her van stolen out of the parking lot during the day. She didn't know it was missing until the police showed up to question her about a bank robbery. Seems it had been used for that and dumped a couple blocks away.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Many years ago ('58 Chevy) my mom was volunteering at a hospital. After work, she tried to start her car and nothing happened, no noise or anything. Finally with the help of a gentleman passing by they opened the hood and the entire engine had been stolen right there in the parking lot.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Many years ago,I offered to take a Lady's groceries
out to her car,to which she replied "No,someone's got my car".
I told to let me know when they brought her car back,& I would
help her then,to which she replied "No ...someone stole my car".

- Doug

G

AngliaGT said:
Many years ago,I offered to take a Lady's groceries
out to her car,to which she replied "No,someone's got my car".
I told to let me know when they brought her car back,& I would
help her then,to which she replied "No ...someone stole my car".

- Doug

Doug has never met a car he didn't like and a lady gets her car stolen from where he works....hmmmm. :whistle:

:jester:

Country flag
Some years ago my MGB was stolen from my driveway... and abandoned a block away.

I'd pulled the front calipers out for some brake work... and remounted the wheels to put it back on the ground.

Lucky nothing bad happened... but I really would have loved to have seen their face once it dawned on them....