• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How smart are you?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

Country flag
10/11. The one I missed, I knew I missed but it was a tough pill to swallow.... :wink:

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Only 8 :blush: I'm a wee bit of a perfectionist, I also suck at word games like that...
grin.gif

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Silverghost said:
10/11. The one I missed, I knew I missed but it was a tough pill to swallow.... :wink:

That was a tricky one - and I think the correct answer would be 90, but I made an assumption that you'd take the first pill right away, although technically the problem wasn't clear on that. I took a guess and got lucky on that one!

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
9. Goofed on the Moses and California thing.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
10... that California thing: There's a LAW to <span style="font-style: italic">prohibit</span> THAT? That needs a better set of choices. I KNOW the relationship (or lack thereof under the circumstance)... but a law?!? Should/could be phrased better. I answered: "I don't know"

feh.

Those questions and the rest of those tests are given way too much import, IMO. We were all "tested" in the schools in PA, seventh or eighth grade, IIRC. A female classmate and I scored too high. We'd outscored all in our county, past and present, she one point higher than me... BIG bruhaha, we were individually interviewed later by some kind of "officials", they were trying to figure out if, or HOW we'd "cheated"!!! When the test was administered we were seated on opposite sides of the classroom, all was supervised by adults, no way for either of us to have "copied" from the other. They couldn't accept the results as coincidence but couldn't find any "wrongdoing" either.

...we both got umbrellas after the dust settled...

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
10... that California thing: There's a LAW to <span style="font-style: italic">prohibit</span> THAT? ...

Funny - we can elect a dead person to public office but can't marry one. Probably something to do with inheritance rights. Or maybe a need for a signature on a marriage license.

10. Missed the pills.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:lol:

And dead people can vote, too. :wink:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
11 - but I had to think about a couple of them.

Makes my head hurt.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Here's my results:
You GOT a score of 10 out of 11

The California question did me in :frown:

OK, here's one more question:
There is a boat docked in the marina with a 10 foot ladder hanging off the deck. The bottom of the ladder is just skimming the top of the water. If the tide goes up by 2 1/2 feet, how much of the ladder is showing out of the water?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Gliderman8 said:
There is a boat docked in the marina with a 10 foot ladder hanging off the deck. The bottom of the ladder is just skimming the top of the water. If the tide goes up by 2 1/2 feet, how much of the ladder is showing out of the water?

"All" of it.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Boink said:
Gliderman8 said:

"All" of it.

:bow: :cheers: :bow:
Your check is in the mail :whistle:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Boink said:
9. Goofed on the Moses thing.
Just to clarify that question Mark... all of the animals came in "two's" except for the worms--- they came in pears.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
:lol:

And dead people can vote, too. :wink:

"I see dead people." From the movie, <span style="font-style: italic"> Sixth Sense </span>.

No, wait - that's Walter's game thread... :jester: