• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Honey Boo Boo

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Moronic comes to mind.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
'Twas ever thus.

Just on a grander scale these days.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
Moronic comes to mind.

:iagree: That's what CAB's are for... they ease the pain :cheers:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
70herald said:
For a Honey Boo Boo sized pain I need something allot stronger than a CAB!

A plain brown paper bag (with NO HOLES) works wonders :devilgrin:

G

TR6BILL said:
What have we become?

Troublemaker. :laugh:

(plays across loudspeaker)

"Please stay in line and swiftly follow the swine ahead of you over the cliff" :yesnod:

I enojoy the exsisitence of Honey Boo Boo, she proves me right on several fronts. :whistle:

Interesting how when you get older things are easy to see. One knows a crock when presented. :cheers:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Sad to think that people actually watch that. And sadder still to think that the network is (was?) TLC. TLC *used to* stand for The Learning Channel.

from Wikipedia:

TLC (formerly the abbreviation for The Learning Channel) is an American cable TV channel which initially focused on educational content, but now caters to an intellectually poorer U.S. demographic with shows like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

What have we become, and more important, why did we allow it to happen?

T.

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
At least in Ancient Rome it was gladitorial combat to keep the plebes contented.

I'd rather watch that than the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man's illegitimate child.

....there is no Dana, only Zuul!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
It seems this is the direction of American culture, aiming for the lowest common denominator. I remember when TLC had educational programming, The History Channel had history related programming, and reality shows didn't dominate the boob tube (I also remember when they had tubes). Never thought I'd pine for the nineties but it seems like a golden era compared to today.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I think TLC made a real Boo-Boo when they decided to air that show.

G

waltesefalcon said:
It seems this is the direction of American culture, aiming for the lowest common denominator. I remember when TLC had educational programming,

Errrr, ummm, it aint common fer me...and I live in the south. :whistle:

Guys, it ~is~ educational. the lesson to be learned is, we're surrounded by IDJITS!
grin.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sounds like they're owned by the same company that
has the Nascar channel.

- Doug

NutmegCT said:
Sad to think that people actually watch that. And sadder still to think that the network is (was?) TLC. TLC *used to* stand for The Learning Channel.

from Wikipedia:

TLC (formerly the abbreviation for The Learning Channel) is an American cable TV channel which initially focused on educational content, but now caters to an intellectually poorer U.S. demographic with shows like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

What have we become, and more important, why did we allow it to happen?

T.

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Billy;
We can't fix stupid, just change the channel.
Bas;
No matter how you try to explain it, someone will degrade your answer, and make a reality show of it.

Dave :savewave:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
14dna said:
Billy;
Bas;
No matter how you try to explain it, someone will degrade your answer, and make a reality show of it.

Dave :savewave:

That's why I'm staying silent.

OP
T

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
Those that watch sports car races watch it for the driving skills.

Those that watch NASCAR watch it for the wrecks!

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
I don't think we're seeing any real societal change here.

The internet & television, for better or worse, has leveled the playing field and given groups we previously wouldn't have encountered a much larger voice in modern telecommunications. What we think of as societal change is merely our lives being invaded by more and more irrelevant crap.