• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Javelin Latest

G

Javelin up-date

Long story short, pan removal and inspection dictated a complete disassembly and refreshening. The good news is, it has newish .030 flat tops w/.020" less comp height and just the right pieces to make a drop in 343/360 med compression stroker w/ the better flowing late model dog leg heads. Looks like ~9.5-to-1 static and ~7.85 dynamic with the cam I have.

This will cost a whopping $350 more for the crank kit and flywheel needed to net 365 c.i.d and ~350 hp.

The way it was before w/ the 343 was ~8.64 static and I don't even wat to know what the dynamic compression was.

It should be a decent runner with this new engine combo.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Re: Javelin up-date

Good to hear you're making progress. Always liked the lines of the Javelins.

OP
G

Got four of the cylinders semi-ready for the stroker crank. had to hand (thumb) sand ~.0015-002 ridge out the top of otherwise perfect high nickle cylinders. There was just enough there to pose an issue and be a pain but not enough too warrant a rebore. Yeah, I know, it won't be perfectlty round. It wasn't round to begin with as a 343... It's just unconventional enough to make me happy. Speaking of which, the out-of-round crank 1500 is comming up on 20K soon.

hilsideser

Jedi Warrior

Always had a soft spot in my heart for the AMX....

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

hilsideser said:
Always had a soft spot in my heart for the AMX....

THAT is the AMC product of choice fer me, too.

OP
G

The AMX back and profile look too weird to me. Depending on angle, the profile looks like it once was an El Camino that someone decided to make into a car.
Those strange little fin like things on the side of the back glass bother me too. They had to do that or else it really woulda looked like an El Camino conversion.

What really struck me as odd is you could order a AMX with a 290. The price difference b/w the X and Javelin is huge now.

OP
G

Wrong data, back to the 343. The 360 woulda been 11-to-1.