• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

3-car Train-of-Death

G

Re: 3-car Chain-of-Death

And y'all think rednecks are dangerous. :laugh:

Don_R

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The minute practice started I was laughing...

That looks like a lot of fun....
Must not be right in the head..

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
That track is about an hour east of me, so if you want to see it in person, look me up.
And Billy, we are in "Southern" Ontario but here we're called Rougenecks.

Dave :driving: :crazyeyes:

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
I guess that with enough Canadian beer anything is possible!
It is probably no more stupid than "demolition derby"!
BillM

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
No Toc, not sponsored by, Powered by Labatts and Molsons EH!

Dave :banana:

D

Deleted member 8987

That explains it, then. The rear two cars in the "train" used Labatts and Molson for fuel, which is why they no longer have engines.
Makes perfect sense now.
Dave

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
heck, if I were in the back car, I might just kick up my feet and enjoy the ride (until I rolled). :cheers:

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
14dna said:
That track is about an hour east of me, so if you want to see it in person, look me up.
And Billy, we are in "Southern" Ontario but here we're called Rougenecks.

Dave :driving: :crazyeyes:

Used to live just north of Varney

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I think that's about the craziest thing I've ever seen done with cars!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
PAUL161 said:
I think that's about the craziest thing I've ever seen done with cars!

It's just the way we roll. With this economy they have had to make cutbacks and one was public transit. Just seemed like this would be a good solution to less buses.
grin.gif

BTW at 3:30 you hear that Curry funeral home was a sponsor. I worked A LOT with Curry funeral home, and, at least back in the day in small town Ontario it was actually the Curry funeral home and furniture store - wood products right?!

swift6

Yoda
Around here we have a different twist on it. Three cars but the middle car is empty. Rear car is the brake car, front car is all engine. The extra twist is that they run in a figure 8, not jus an oval. There is a mother and son team that compete a lot. The son drives the engine car while mom drives the brakes. In one race, the rear car flipped onto its top and provided the perfect amount of drag, the son kept the hammer down and they stormed off into the lead. That must have been an interesting night at home later.

swift6

Yoda
Thinking of adding a pic, but it might either gross people out or be too depressing to have the constant reminder.

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
There is a Youtube video of a crazy race in the UK? where they put one car on TOP of another. The bottom driver controls the engine, the top driver has the gas and brakes.

D

Deleted member 8987

70herald said:
There is a Youtube video of a crazy race in the UK? where they put one car on TOP of another. The bottom driver controls the engine, the top driver has the gas and brakes.

TopGear yUcK did that one. Typical stupidity, but mindless entertainment nonetheless.

"Safer than any 400-series highway in Ontario." That's a given!

Great clip....I was in tears!