• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Happy Birthday, US Constitution

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Today marks the 225th anniversary of the signing of the United States Constitution on Monday Sept. 17, 1787. All of the thirteen states were represented at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, except for Rhode Island.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Re: Happy Birthday, US Contitution

Bravo! Thanks for posting this. Our federal Constitution provides the basis for *everything* we have as citizens in our Republic.

Nothing is perfect in man's world, but the combined wisdom - and compromise - of the Founders yielded the core of the United States of America.

<span style="font-style: italic">"I confess that there are several parts of this constitution which I do not at present approve, but I am not sure I shall never approve them: For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged by better information, or fuller consideration, to change opinions even on important subjects, which I once thought right, but found to be otherwise. It is therefore that the older I grow, the more apt I am to doubt my own judgment, and to pay more respect to the judgment of others."</span>

B. Franklin, September 17, 1787.

https://www.usconstitution.net/franklin.html

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

"All of the thirteen states were represented at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, except for Rhode Island."

So twelve of the thirteen states were represented. Anyway, happy birthday to the Constitution, and the United States (as we know it).

G

NutmegCT said:
[iFor having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged by better information, or fuller consideration, to change opinions even on important subjects, which I once thought right, but found to be otherwise. It is therefore that the older I grow, the more apt I am to doubt my own judgment, and to pay more respect to the judgment of others."[/i]

B. Franklin, September 17, 1787.

https://www.usconstitution.net/franklin.html

Sounds to me BF was loosing his mind and knew it. :laugh:

The older I get, the more I realize I am right and the easier it is to read between the lines.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss

NutmegCT said:
Bravo! Thanks for posting this. Our federal Constitution provides the basis for *everything* we have as citizens in our Republic.

I'd put it a little differently, but never mind.