• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm back!

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8987

Spent a week back "home". High School reunion.
Drove all over re-acquainting myself with the memories.
Got a photo of me in the cab of #9, like the one taken with a Brownie in '62.
Got to see what a Manzanar barracks looked like before they were cut into thirds, trucked 45 miles, and made into houses, one of which I grew up in.
Old friends, good times.
Dave

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
:savewave: welcome home. Ant photos?

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Lots. Gotta remember how to post them here...been a while since I did. Lovely Bride took 675 of them, I took less....mostly folks and equipment at Bodie (ghost town) and the museum.
Dave

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Welcome back! sounds like you had a great time. My High School 50th was a few years ago - I went and realized after about 90 seconds that If I had wanted to stay in touch, I would have.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

I wanted to do one reunion. I still like these folks, but I don't think I'll do another. The travel is just too hard. We've been home for about 30 hours, and just now is the pain level and wobbliness going down.
Two hour flight, but gotta get there two hours early, that's 4, pick up the rental car, that's 30 minutes, then 3-1/2 hour's drive, total travel time is 8 hours. There's an airport in town, but no commercial service and very few rental cars.
I am very glad I went.
Now, so "station the maneuvering watch" one more time, and "Dive! Dive!"

Basil

Administrator
Boss
JPSmit said:
Welcome back! sounds like you had a great time. My High School 50th was a few years ago - I went and realized after about 90 seconds that If I had wanted to stay in touch, I would have.

There is only one person from my yute that I really have stayed in touch with all these years. In fact, our friendship pre-dates high school. We met in 7th grade when our fathers were both stationed at the same Army Base in Germany. Mike and I lived in the same apartment building and became fast friends. Then, we moved back to the states about a year before Mike. But when Mike's Dad finally got reassigned it was at the same place my Dad was (Fitzsimmon's Army Hospital in Aurora, CO). As it turned out, Mike and his family ended up just a few blocks from me. The rest is history. We still regularly call each other and commiserate over world affairs.