• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Calling all acrophobics!

Basil

Administrator
Boss
This made my knees shake just watching the video.

ZPwJr_c&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OK, I don't mind heights ...but I could only get 5/8's thru that!

There ain't enough pencils in my protector for that!

startech47

Jedi Knight
Just think about the folks who erected the tower. I used to be able to do high work, before fire school, where the 3 story ladder I was on kicked out and dumped me on to the concrete floor. Some thing in my mind has changed forever.

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I have taken the elevator to the 990 foot level of Baltimore's candelabra tower, then had to take a 1 foot step over to the platform. Longest foot I've ever walked!!! Only did that once. (Twice actually, had to come back down) That video shows a job worth every dollar paid, and then some.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That's against all my instinct and training. I hate even getting on the roof of the hovel to blow off the windfall. I want an airframe around me.

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
That gave me a pucker and a half.

G

Kelly saw it and said it made her feel sick.

I would imagine the decent would be worse.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Wow that is a cool video, and an amazing view from on top of that tower. Not sure I'd want to climb up there, makes me appreciate those little blinking lights more.

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
those guys have NO nerves. It used to bother me climbing the mast on the ship to change a bulb esp in a rolling swell 'cause I would think if I fell now I would land on the deck and be killed and when she rolled if I fell I would land in the north atlantic and be lost at sea (some choice, so believe me I hung on tight)

jsfbond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'll walk top plate three stories high, my hands, feet, and I have a really great working relationship....I dunno bout that tower, theres nothing wrong with digging ditches.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Great video. I'm still crawling on the floor, clutching chair legs.

Reminds me of the Camino del Rey videos:

Rvvs5Xw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Whoa Nellie. But then I have trouble viewing "Lunch on a Skyscraper" and that's just a still.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
In my yout, I climbed a 300' radio tower to get a shot of the antenna array in Warin, Thailand. Scared me &*^%less. Apparently the facility is gone there .

Gotta find those negs. I'd puke at the thought of doing that now.