• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Me Want Me Want [Maserati]

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Maserati Ghibli at the local Euro car night, very seductive shape and sound. I am in lust

20120818194646.jpg

20120818190202.jpg

20120818194937.jpg

Some time in my life need to own something with quadruple dual throat webers.

John250

That is a beautiful car

OP
glemon

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
There were a couple newer Ferraris (and Porsches)there as well, but I guess I am just a sixties car kind of guy, the newer stuff just didn't trip my trigger like the good old chrome bumpered, carburated, front engine, rear wheel drive sports or GT car.

John250

I prefer the looks of the older body styles to the newer ones my self.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
My faves are the V-12 Ferrutzi's. The V-8 Masers are <span style="font-style: italic">okay</span>... :smirk:

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I took the road to dark side and love it. Do it
Your friend is missing the air box

A picture of my car Cheers Mark

Attachments

• 29467.jpg
    29467.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 196

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Ya KNOW I meant no disrespect, Mark. :wink:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
Ya KNOW I meant no disrespect, Mark. :wink:

Don't sweat it Doc, Mark's got thick hide (he needs to :whistle: ) besides, it's a kit car. :devilgrin:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
eeep. Done my share of Ghibli wrenching, there were times I might've agreed with ya. :shocked:

...and it <span style="font-style: italic">is</span> four cans shy of a twelve-pack. :jester:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
eeep. Done my share of Ghibli wrenching, there were times I might've agreed with ya. :shocked:

...and it <span style="font-style: italic">is</span> four cans shy of a twelve-pack. :jester:

True enough though Mark's is a Khamsin.

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I wish it had Pacer prices

With only 430 built and only 150 exported to North America out of which some 48 units have been taken back to Europe they are getting pretty rare just like a Pacer.

Attachments

• 29475.jpg
    29475.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 134

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Unless you mean a Bizzarrini Europa, I ain't seein' it.

Even if you do mean a Bizzarrini Europa, I ain't seein' it.

pc

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Hey! that's my house. :banana:

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
There were 3 late 60s and early 70s Italian supercars, all front engine, the Ferrari Daytona, the Maserati Ghibli and the Lamborghini Islero.

The first two probably win the looks department and I think I'd opt for the Maser as prettiest of the lot. It had a more basic mechanical content, more dated than the others, but a very reliable usable car.

I own the Islero and often think it is bets and certainly most affordable of the three in terms of technical specification, but I wouldn't kick any of these out of my garage!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Looked up the Lambo - i never knew they existed. Cool.

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
JPSmit said:

Well, they only built 150 Islero an 100 Islero S models like mine, so that is the next thing to hardly existing. Lamborghini was making far fewer than either Ferrari or Maserati.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
billspohn said:
JPSmit said:

Well, they only built 150 Islero an 100 Islero S models like mine, so that is the next thing to hardly existing. Lamborghini was making far fewer than either Ferrari or Maserati.

Yes, was reading about them - very interesting. could you post a pic or two?

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
iconjpg.jpg

renginejpeg.jpg

I always laugh when I hear people complaining about setting up just two carb throats......